1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the price of the tuning device increase, recently? Maybe I am being a moron, but I swore it was lower a week or so ago....

it's been 599 since it came out

Anyone having trouble getting the car to shift from first to second in manual mode at the red line? I did this today and when it hit the red line it bogged down, held first for 2-3 seconds all while dumping black smoke out the tail pipes. Any ideas?

Anyone having trouble getting the car to shift from first to second in manual mode at the red line? I did this today and when it hit the red line it bogged down, held first for 2-3 seconds all while dumping black smoke out the tail pipes. Any ideas?

sounds like your hitting the rev limiter, and its doing what its suppose to do

lots of good info here

sounds like your hitting the rev limiter, and its doing what its suppose to do

lots of good info here

I would think that if it was holding the gear, but it's not holding the gear; it is not engaging second quick enough at the red line. On the stock tune, it would just up shift, as does the 93DD tune I'm on now just with this bog and delay. And it only bogs and delays if I run first out to red, if I short shift everything runs fine.

More data came in tonight though: she threw a P0172 and P0175 this evening after a highway run on cruise control at a modest 71mph. Any idea if these events are related and anything I should look for?

For mods, all I've done is the tune, blow-off-to-atmosphere, and drop-in K&N air filter.

Really sounds like your banging off the rev limiter. If you want it to shift at 6200, then hit the upshift at 5800. See what that does.

Bad ass looking ride man! And great time at the 1/4.:thumbsup:

Is there any lead time on these Ken?

I read this thread from front to back and it is great and packed with wonderful info. My Sport should be here end of this month from Ford and can't wait to order this tune. I do have a few questions that I did not see the answer to.

How do I get the tune into the vehicle, do I need to use a laptop or something?

I see alot of guys with other mods as well as tune and 1/4 mile times. What should a bone stock Sport run with just the DD tune, average time? 14.50's?

I would think that if it was holding the gear, but it's not holding the gear; it is not engaging second quick enough at the red line. On the stock tune, it would just up shift, as does the 93DD tune I'm on now just with this bog and delay. And it only bogs and delays if I run first out to red, if I short shift everything runs fine.

More data came in tonight though: she threw a P0172 and P0175 this evening after a highway run on cruise control at a modest 71mph. Any idea if these events are related and anything I should look for?

For mods, all I've done is the tune, blow-off-to-atmosphere, and drop-in K&N air filter.
Do not run these vehicles in manual mode. Just put it in drive and let it do it's thing.
Myself and the SHO guys have hundreds it not thousands of passes combined and none of us run in manual mode.

I think manual mode is good when you are in hilly areas or curvy roads, but any time i've tried to use it when accelerating hard you either hit the rev limiter and then get a shift, or you get a double shift like 1-3. I tend to leave it in drive most of the time now....that said, it should still work as advertised.

Another thing I personally like is when I'm stuck in traffic you can put it in 2 and go from a stop without the signature Ford "CLUNK" as I like to call it.

I'll be releasing a new update this week which will take care of those codes but it's not related to the shifting issue. I will work on getting that to shift correctly but it won't be in the next update.

Is there any lead time on these Ken?

They usually ship the next day. Once you receive the flasher, you have to plug it into the vehicle to pull some info off of it, then send it to us. Once we have that info, we will upload your tunes to or server usually same day or next day. If vehicle has a new code that we don't support yet, that could add some time to that. I just did a new code for the 2014 and it took me maybe 5 days to get that done.

Do not run these vehicles in manual mode. Just put it in drive and let it do it's thing.
Myself and the SHO guys have hundreds it not thousands of passes combined and none of us run in manual mode.

Agreed. But I can see why people want it to work. I should be able to fix it.

I also wanted to mention, if anyone has any issues, codes or questions, it's always best to open a new support ticket at http://support.lundracing.com to let us know. I try my best to keep an eye on this thread but sometimes miss things.

Hi Ken,

Are you going to be doing a towing specific tune as well?

I read this thread from front to back and it is great and packed with wonderful info. My Sport should be here end of this month from Ford and can't wait to order this tune. I do have a few questions that I did not see the answer to.

How do I get the tune into the vehicle, do I need to use a laptop or something?

I see alot of guys with other mods as well as tune and 1/4 mile times. What should a bone stock Sport run with just the DD tune, average time? 14.50's?

Anyone happen to know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back