• Register Today It's free!

14 Sport - AWD Error P188B

6JEFF6

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer sport
Well can add no awd to the list.. Had to take it to work and found out... put in snow and ice setting and as soon as tire spun no awd error 😞.. this thing is going to be a battle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well can add no awd to the list.. Had to take it to work and found out... put in snow and ice setting and as soon as tire spun no awd error 😞.. this thing is going to be a battle
Is Traction Control switched ON? I don't know if the condition you mentioned would produce an AWD error if AWD was actually working.

Peter

Is Traction Control switched ON? I don't know if the condition you mentioned would produce an AWD error if AWD was actually working.

Peter
Traction control comes off for mud/rut mode, sand mode but is on for snow, gravel and grass and also normal driving mode.

Error P188B

This is what I found out.
Will update when I get it Monday or Tuesday
Did not fix it but I did do the procedure wrong and tested the relay not the other way like the instructions said to do..... may take a bit before I can test again but I will check back with the fix if I find it

Check that procedure done absolutely correctly as I pulled cover and rechecked what I did so idk why it would give 2.0 ohm and be not the module as it states it should be.. setting on meter was 0-100k.. guess I'll keep checking maybe 2 things were bad.

Odd. Put in and didn't work right away.
Then yesterday it worked a few feet than awd off came on so going to drain ptu and fill.
75w140 synthetic?

I won't start a new conversation but hopefully someone will answer...

Changed fluid and put in mud and it jumps/grinds/bucks in rear so I'm assuming it is the rear viscous coupler but cannot find it for sale anywhere? Any input?
2014 ford explorer awd sport

Any help would be greatly appreciated

When you said "put in mud" I'm guessing you are referring to the TMS (Terrain Management System) selector? Reads like you changed the fluid by putting mud into it. :D

Peter

When you said "put in mud" I'm guessing you are referring to the TMS (Terrain Management System) selector? Reads like you changed the fluid by putting mud into it. :D

Peter
Haha ya 75w 140 full synthetic...
Only thing I found for it is a whole center section rear differential from a junkyard for $243 so I bought it.. all parts have been discontinued.. the part seems replaceable so odd it isn't available at all?.. be a while before I put it in though

Finally put it in and absolutely perfect... not a terrible job but my dewalt guns were a lifesaver.. now to get the state patrol to release my title...(bought in MN and dealership had fixed from salvaged but never retitled so when I bought it and applied for wi title it needs wi inspection eventhough I had all paperwork etc...)
Never ending fun

Hope this helps someone

Back