• Register Today It's free!

1992 navajo ?

slammy

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 mazda navajo
hello i am new to this site and i have a problem that i think i need some help with.....i have a 1992 mazda navajo, 8in lift the guy before mee put a d30 in front and a d35 rear.. now my problem is my front rin and pinion one has a tooth broken, i have already pulled the driver side axel out.. my ? is how the hell to tackel this? i have never done ring an pinions befor or gears.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread to the transfer case and differentials sub forum

Someone else will say "oh it's easy" but to be honest I think I would leave this to a pro. To properly set up gears takes a bit of knowledge and some specialty tools.

Are you sure he put jeep axles under there?

Dang... Downgraded on BOTH ends :confused:
I wouldn't even mess around with those axles, the Explorer (Navajo) is just too heavy for them, as you found out.

Since it's already been SAS'ed, I'd make an effort to get rid of the D30 for a D44, then find another stock 8.8" rear axle to put back under it. Unless it's been butchered up pretty bad, it shouldn't take much work at all to swap a 44 under there.

i honestly just got the thing, it has a ford 8.8 rear end and yes it has the d30 up front.. id love to swap it out for a d44 but right now i just dont have the money for it..

they did some mods to the front,, it looks like they tryed to make there own long arm kit for the front

I'd also like pics to further investigate that Long arm kit , theres a sas similar here in GA for sell and im thinking of getting it do do a D44 swap as well as 9" rear , both full width , with custom fenders for 37"s

ok soo how do i post pics? cause i cant get it to work please help

ok soo how do i post pics? cause i cant get it to work please help

You first have to upload your pics to a web host (server) to be able to post (link) them here.

If you have a "Manage Attachments" button on your Reply page, you can also use that to upload them as attachments here on EF (there might be a minimum user post count before that feature becomes active though, not sure what it is).

ok soo sorry about the first 3, the link will take you to all five pics that you requested bruce...also i would like to know if putting a locker the d30 with the 456 gears would be smart or not? like i said before i do not no much about gears and lockers and wut not..so i thank all that reply.

the setup is def thrown together , i would have your welds checked out before i would wheel that thing too hard , the radius arms are welded pretty ugly , but that doesnt mean there not strong , i would just crawl under there with a light and check every weld nut and bolt before i did anything to it , btw thanks for the pics , you should take some more showing the whole front end and rear end so people with sas knowledge can chime in , im a newb when it comes to all that fab work under there

yea i checked all the welds and tightend all the bolts up i havent wheeled it yet i need to replace the front ring and pinion first. was there not all 5 pics on that link that i posted?

i will add more pics tomorrow

here is kinda a dumb question, i need shocks for my navajo its got 8 inches of lift,,,soo what size shocks do i get? i have been looking online but cant find anything.. the reason i think i need shocks is because when i drive down the road at 50mph if i hit a bump it seems like my truck is going to flip...no front sway bar on it, they cut off the mounting brackets on the front end..soo will new shocks eliminate my problem? PLEASE help

sorry it took soo long anyway thats my 1992 sas mazda navajo...8 inch suspension lift..no body lift, yet...and some very ****ty 35's

Slammy, you really need to check out all your bushings at the least. I see one picture shows a missing lower bushing in the shock absorber.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanx turdle. yea i no,, im replacing the front shocks soon, this thing is kinda a mess right now im just trying to fix it up as i go low on funds and not really knowing what i want to do with it yet..

(lost photos)

anyone no of a good deal on a ring and pinion set? i have 4:56 front gears..any help would be great...thanks

also maby some wheel spacers

Back