1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance

That's what I was thinking. There's no play on any of the rods, springs, or rockers. No contamination, just a bit dirty. Upper/lower intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, fix a broken hard line to heater valve, a soft line to the DPFE, thermostat (just because I'm there and its rusty), egr gasket+oring fuel filter, pcv valve, there was oil in places it shouldn't be (MAF housing for instance), and the hose that runs from the oil neck to the intake tube.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have the correct P/N for the oring on the egr tube where it enters the plenum? Felpro and others show up to 1997, mine is 1998

Interesting, everyone shows the O ring for a 97 and a gasket for the 98

Interesting, everyone shows the O ring for a 97 and a gasket for the 98

It has a gasket on the bottom, that's easy to find. I've been looking for over an hour for the oring type

It has a gasket on the bottom, that's easy to find. I've been looking for over an hour for the oring type that goes into the plenum
It has a gasket on the bottom, that's easy to find. I've been looking for over an hour for the oring type for the plenum.
It has a gasket on the bottom, that's easy to find. I've been looking for over an hour for the oring type for the plenum. I may just get one for a 97.

See post #3

See post #3

So don't order the pre 98 oring. Still stuck

F77Z-9E469-AD is the EGR tube, looks to be the same on the ohv and sohc. F67Z-9J469-AA is the oem part number for the O ring. wheeler fleet is $1.84 for it

Honestly, I don't think there's a difference in the years
I think there is a difference and posted a link to another thread that stated there was a difference. I read a thread where the guy used silicone to get the O ring he used to seal properly. The correct thick green O ring would be what I'd want on my car.

I think there is a difference and posted a link to another thread that stated there was a difference. I read a thread where the guy used silicone to get the O ring he used to seal properly. The correct thick green O ring would be what I'd want on my car.
oh ok i thought the sohc and ohv used the same pipe

According to Ford parts giant online: F67Z-9J469-AA, which does cross reference with the one that Lee mentioned. The site states that it is compatible with both OHV and SOHC versions.

I've had a lot going on that's not explorer related, so it hasn't gotten any attention. I worked on it a little bit today. I've got the lower intake installed, including the fuel rail, injectors got fresh orings, replaced valve covers, and pcv valve (after cleaning everything). I have found several possible sources of vacuum leaks that will still need my attention.

I'm using the "Mahle Original Intake Manifold Gasket MIS19316" from AutoZone ($72), they seem to be more durable than other gaskets I've used on other engines.

Is this the correct vacuum diagram for my 98 OHV?
95-99_Ranger_4-0_vacuum_hose_diagram.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks correct
Now sure what they are calling a thermistor? Its just a rubber elbow that attaches to the bottom of the throttle body

Back