• Register Today It's free!

2 inch lift question

CaptainCream

Reaction score
City, State
Irvine, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Ok, I've been doing a search but I haven't found any clear answers. So in addition to TT/shackles what is another cheap way to get another 2 inches on my Ex. I'm only running 31's so I don't need a huge lift, plus I already have shackles. Also, I don't have the resources or the time to do a lift myself so how much would it cost if I had a shop do it? A ballpark answer is fine. Thanks everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Running 31's you don't really need more than the TT & Shackles. However, if you want more lift, you can do a 2" body lift relatively cheaply. Do a search here on it. Many have done it at home. I couldn't tell you how much a shop would charge to put a body lift on.

For your Sport others have changed from the Mono rear springs you have now to a set of rear springs off of a 4dr explorer.

That may only give you a little more lift when done with the TT and a better ride.

For more lift you'll have to look into a 2 or 3 inch Body Lift $150+- for the lift, $200 +- labor for a shop to do it. Or a few cases with some friends with tools.

After those you next step is a SuperLift or Skyjacker Lift $1,400 +- .

Hope this helps!!

Hi
I also have a 98 Sport.

Where can I find the 2 or 3 inch body lift that you said $150?

And I'm assuming that getting the 4dr rear springs is from a junk yard? Which year should I get it from?

Thanks.

You gotta use the Ranger (98+) 2" body lift from Performance Accessories.

And any 4 door leafs will work. The newer the better though because they tend to sag over time.

Some sites like 4 Wheel Parts aren't selling the 98 ranger lift anymore. Also, isn't that lift only for the rear? I thought I read somewhere that you would have to make a custom 2 inch lift for the front of my 99 sport. Is that true?

Back