2000 Explorer Daytime Running Lights problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Daytime Running Lights problem

CHUCKRODGERS

Reaction score
City, State
Kingston, Nova Scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
I recent bought a 2000 Explorer. We didn't check all the lights before we did. After we got home we realized the reverse lights and daytime running lights were not working. Replaced the bulbs and still nothing. Checked the fuse and it was blown. According to the owners Manuel the same fuse is for the daytime running lamp and the DTR sensor. After we replaced the fuse the reverse lights are working but DRLs are not. Why?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i didn't think the 2000 model had DRL's. none of mine do. the fuse for the backup lights also controls the rear defroster and the autolock feature though.

Battery Junction Box Fuse 4

Central Junction Box Fuse 27 (10 amp) does power the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Module and the left and right reversing lamps. However, the DRL Module also receives power from Battery Junction Box Fuse 4 (15 amp) that also powers the fog lamps. Do you have fog lamps? If so, do they work? If you don't have fog lamps I suggest that you check to see if Fuse 4 is good.

Central Junction Box Fuse 27 (10 amp) does power the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Module and the left and right reversing lamps. However, the DRL Module also receives power from Battery Junction Box Fuse 4 (15 amp) that also powers the fog lamps. Do you have fog lamps? If so, do they work? If you don't have fog lamps I suggest that you check to see if Fuse 4 is good.

were DRL's an option for 2000? both of my 2000's are very highly optioned, but neither has DRL's.

were DRL's an option for 2000? both of my 2000's are very highly optioned, but neither has DRL's.

I believe Canadian cars all have DRL's . I think they have to have them by law.

something to fail

They'e mentioned in my 2000 Owner's Guide and my 2000 Wiring Diagrams. I guess they're nice but in my opinion they're just something else to fail. If you see an Explorer driving at night with dim headlamps and no lit taillamps you know the driver forgot to switch on the lights at dusk because the DRLs were on.

They'e mentioned in my 2000 Owner's Guide and my 2000 Wiring Diagrams. I guess they're nice but in my opinion they're just something else to fail. If you see an Explorer driving at night with dim headlamps and no lit taillamps you know the driver forgot to switch on the lights at dusk because the DRLs were on.

yeah, if i did have them i'd be looking for a way to turn them off.

I believe Canadian cars all have DRL's . I think they have to have them by law.

that. since 90 or 92

anyway, there is two wires you can connect together at the connector and make them work if you DRL is blown. i have done that before, even on one members u.s. truck. i will see if i can find what wires they are

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I can send the troubleshooting steps, wiring diagrams, etc. from my shop manuals upon request.

Just let me know. :D:thumbsup:

The fog lights and auto locks have always worked even when fuse for backup lights was gone. Rear defrost does not work. This is why I am thinkingthe DRL module is gone

Back