2002 Sport Trac

ST2002

Reaction score
City, State
Miami,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ST
:feedback:
Howdy to all the forum members. I was surfing the net and came across your site. I just recently bought a 2002 ST automatic with the 4.0 SOHC motor with vin code E and not a 4 x4. I got the truck for a great deal not to pass on. It is a stock factory truck but soon to change. But before it hits the pavement one samll issue. The motor is blown and not worth fixing. So my choices have been narrowed. I am considering buying a ford ranger wrecked with the 4.0 engine 2001 vin code E. Just because it is not easy locating that motor from a ST. My question is will this motor bolt on and are there modifications to be done? Also can you advise me of any other trucks { year, make. vin code } with a 4.0 sohc that will fit and bolt on with none or minimal modifications. Hope to hear from the forum advice to guide me on the right track. :usa:
p/s: any forum member know of any used running engines in miami,fl give me a shout.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in Miami also and I have seen the engines for sale on our local Craigslist. You could also get a motor from an explorer sport 01-05, there are plenty of those around.

HEY ST2002 It seems that me and you are in the same sinking boat. I saw that you had one reply from the forum. Possibly other forum members can shed more light in our situation. I know there are forum members out there with this info. I will keep you posted if someone responds to my post also.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

You could also try posting over in www.mysporttrac.com as well. Only thing about buying a used engine is you dont know what your getting into. You may want to rebuild it before putting it into your truck, in which case you may just want to rebuild the engine you have depending on how bad it is. On craigslist I've seen our engines selling for like $500.

Back