2004 Explorer Odometer Flickering and Oil Pressure Gauge not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer Odometer Flickering and Oil Pressure Gauge not working

mgreer0403

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004, Ford, Explorer XLT
I have a 2004 explorer 4.0L v6 and I installed some new
JDM ASTAR T1 9006 All-in-One Upgrade Vision White LED Headlight Bulbs
and after that my odometer started flickering and the pretty much became gibberish. Sometimes the odometer is correct when I start up my car but once I start driving it will freak out for a bit and then go back to normal. If I push on a certain part of the dash just to the left of the odometer and apply constant pressure it will work just fine. Did my new headlights somehow mess something up wiring wise?

Also 6 months ago my battery in my car died, had it for 8 years, and towards the end of its life my oil pressure gauge started acting funny. When I started up my car it would say very low oil pressure, at the first notch mark, and the oil level was fine. Then sometimes it would work just fine, and other times the gauge would would be at H the highest it would go. The car runs fine and oil is at the right level. Is my sensor just going bad or did something happen in the wiring as my battery was dying?

Back