2006 Ford Explorer Warranty Extension? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Warranty Extension?

blichy said:
While I can understand your disappointment, remember that the warranty extension was marketing money. Instead of offering an even higher cash rebate, they offered an extended warranty. When you bought your Ex, did you get 0% financing? If that wasn't offered at the time, them giving you the warranty now is not much different that letting you rewrite your contract to a 0% interest loan (or giving you the extra $1000 cash incentive that is now on the Ex).

Well i guess since i did get a rebate when i got mine... that would equate out right?

NOPE..

and here is why/how...
:fire:
IF i were to purchase my or any 2006 Explorer... TODAY (or since 7/14/06) ...

I would NOT only get the warranty... but also the following Incentive Program Details:
$3000 Cash Back

:fire:

Sorry, this is crap... crap crap crap... Ford, i hope you listen, cuz this stinks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Warranty stuff

Your right, buy now...8/19/06 and pick up 3K cash back and the extended warranty :thumbdwn: Fords trying to stick it to us that have bought the 06 and changed the rules in mid-stream. Gee, I wonder if people will stop buying them which may force them to shut down 10 plants for a while :D What about the people that bought an 06 in September, October, etc last year. Wow, what a goosing. It shouldn't take an Einstein to figure this one out Ford. You offer the best warranty, vehicle, and price, and you sell the vehicles. Oh, and in the process you don't ****off people for treating your customers different. I said if they didn't make good this would be my last Ford. They may not even be making them by the time I'm ready to buy again. Can you say Chrysler or GM? :fire:

jameszr1 said:
Your right, buy now...8/19/06 and pick up 3K cash back and the extended warranty :thumbdwn: Fords trying to stick it to us that have bought the 06 and changed the rules in mid-stream. Gee, I wonder if people will stop buying them which may force them to shut down 10 plants for a while :D What about the people that bought an 06 in September, October, etc last year. Wow, what a goosing. It shouldn't take an Einstein to figure this one out Ford. You offer the best warranty, vehicle, and price, and you sell the vehicles. Oh, and in the process you don't ****off people for treating your customers different. I said if they didn't make good this would be my last Ford. They may not even be making them by the time I'm ready to buy again. Can you say Chrysler or GM? :fire:

AMEN BROTHER!!

Ordered in August 2005, delivered in OCTOBER 2005 ... guess I should just bend over and admit that i got :confused:

:rolleyes: I just checked out the MyFord website and came across something talking about the 5year/60,000 warranty. I got excited and thought they changed it when I read that it was included with all 2006 or 2007 model year Ford products regardless of launch date. But it's very misleading once you read the fine print:

"A 2006 MY Ford Vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5year/60,000 Miles Ford ESP Powertrain Care extended service contract with a $100 deductible."

I bought my brand new 06' Limited July 5. Would have been nice and GREAT customer service if they'd suggested to just wait a few days. And what's up with that deductible anyway?

Comments?

Anyone purchase the Fidelity warranty?

Having second thoughts about this company.

Well.....Guess we all know what shape Ford is in now.... You don't take care of your customers, you go out of business. Pretty basic economics Mr. Detroit!

Back