2007 Ranger SORV with factory Snorkel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ranger SORV with factory Snorkel?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
8.jpg

Alright so it's not in the USA :( Here's the story though...

Indonesia Ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so pretty muich a snorkel higher breathers, and better pads....it still blows.

they are getting a 4 banger turbo diesel as well, might even make it to the US I hear.

Does Ford build it or is it a Mazda?

It’s a Ford/Mazda Job, It’s called the Courier down hear in Aus, you can get a Turbo diesel or 4.0Ltre V6 SOHC also know as the explorer engine as that’s where they pulled it from.

i doubt the 4 banger will come here, they smoke soo much after awhile and its a very harsh engine. Like it shakes the truck.

it would be better off with all steel bumpers, rather than a snorkel

thats an ugly palced snorkel plus with engines thell have to have diffent snorkels on that pic the air box is on the drivers side on a SOCH to my knolage it is on the pass. side(im not sure if placemnt maters).

i just completed my long awaited conversion of my ford explorer 4.0 to a diesel 3.5 mazda / perkins engine using the explorer transmission
it shakes the truck lots of torque but some slight problems changing the gears automatically . you have to relearn how to drive it and the weight is tremendous compared to the 4.0 engine ,had to tweek up the torsion bars .
i still feel good since it is the first converion in barbados where fuel is expensive and the guys are crying because of poor gas milage .
the gas milage i am now getting is worth its weight in gold
i may be a little slower in getting there but at least i now have a few bucks in my pocket

I wish they'd build a 4 door Ranger instead of the sport trac- I like the looks better personally. No offense to ST owners ;)

I'd take a 4cyl turbo diesel any day- I don't care how harsh.

X2 :D

I wish they'd build a 4 door Ranger instead of the sport trac- I like the looks better personally. No offense to ST owners ;)

I'd take a 4cyl turbo diesel any day- I don't care how harsh.

They do, it's just not available state-side. They've got a whole bunch of 'em sitting out back behind the gas turbine lab in Dearborn... They're just like the ones in the picture, sans snorkel. If my memory serves, they also sell them in Brazil, and they have a dana 44 rear end in 'em...

-Joe

edit: go to www.ford.com, then click on 'global sites' in the upper right corner, then select south America, then Brazil.... Scan through the Ranger Pickups and you'll see pics of the interior, that it's available with a Navistar 3.0L diesel, a 2.5L gasser, and you can order an LPG conversion kit for it too. :)

-Joe

When I was in Kuwait this summer, I saw a ton of 4 door desiel Rangers, they're actually pretty nice. (They had a bunch of Mitsubishis and Nissans, too) But all the Staff cars were Explorers :D

i would think they would be popular here in north america. or maybe they cold make an explorer SORV.

before we had ranger's...

It’s a Ford/Mazda Job, It’s called the Courier down hear in Aus, you can get a Turbo diesel or 4.0Ltre V6 SOHC also know as the explorer engine as that’s where they pulled it from.

...i was at the junkyard yesterday and ran across an old ford courier...i rode around in a few of those when they came to the states...they were pretty basic little trucks though, but killer gas milage back then...just thought i would share...;)

i want a diesel but none of the manufacturers find it an issue to develop or market any type of light duty diesel (besides VW who has and absoulutely BADA$$ v10 diesel)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back