• Register Today It's free!

2007 sport trac radiator info.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
TL;DR - Does anyone have a hint on how to figure out which radiator to buy for a sport trac built in 08 / 06? Enjoy the dramatic literature below.

Chapter 1.
I'm changing my oil when I notice that I've got the double whammy of leaky transmission cooler line fittings & a slow coolant drip from the radiator so it's time for replacement. No big deal, I've done a few radiators and this one looks easy to me. I'll get a good radiator and the double o-ring fittings and never worry about it again. To the computer I go.

Chapter 2.
OK, time to order the parts, looks like there are two versions, no big deal. All I need to do is figure out when my truck was built in relation to 8/7/06. The date's on the driver's door sticker. Sounds easy. I grab my flashlight and head outside.

Chapter 3.
At the truck, I go check the sticker, the date on the door sticker is 08/06... August, 2006... Now I'm lost, I don't know if it was built after the 7th or before, and I don't know which part to buy. I run my vin across several sites, search and search, watch videos, consult my manual. No info on my build DAY and all I can find to tell the difference is a slight change in one of the hose connectors. The description of the change is too vague, I don't know what to do. I fall into despair.

To be continued...

Chapter 4.
Called the ford dealer, got the build date and part number. That was easy.

Chapter 4.
Called the ford dealer, got the build date and part number. That was easy.
I use fordpartsgiant.com. Put your vin and it will pull up part numbers and diagrams for your truck. Google search from there

Back