200rwhp 4.0 SOHC with minor bolt-on's and Bamachips | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

200rwhp 4.0 SOHC with minor bolt-on's and Bamachips

I've contacted the dyno today and the owner of the dyno sent me this response....

Doug,

This is a question I get a lot and there is a very simple answer to it. The dyno software sets the scale for the HP and TQ automatically and therefore they are often different. For example: If a car makes 330HP and 360 TQ, Winpep will have 350 at the top of the HP side of the graph and 400 at the top of the TQ side. It is like two sepatate graphs on one page. When arranging the graph, however, I can "force" the scaling so that they are the same and the HP and TQ will cross A 5250 every time. Attached, you will find two graphs of the new base pull on Robert's Ranger. One is scaled
automatically and, on the other, I forced the scaling, neither affect the horsepower or torque numbers abit. I hope this helps......

Here's the two graph's he's attached....

Auto Scaling You'll notice on the top of the Torque side of the graph it is 220 but on the top of the HP side is 200 and therefore the numbers cross at 4800 rpm's.

Forced Scaling... Now if you look at this graph you'll see that the rating number as the top of both sides is 200, and the TQ goes higher.

So, now with that said every graph I've posted is valid, it is the Hp and TQ scales on the side of each graph that can differ based on the amount of HP and TQ the engine produced.

Thanks, Doug. :)

That's not the only equation for HP. Here's another:HP=torque x RPM X 0.00019
Using this method you get 201.25 HP

Thanks Doug for the explanation. It makes sense now.

Ryan

Spdrcer34 said:
Thanks Doug for the explanation. It makes sense now.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Not a problem, I don't mind answering any questions about something I post. This has really been a question on my mind for a while but since no one ever really questioned me about it I never looked into it but now we've both learned something new. Just let me know if there's any thing else I can help you with.

Thanks, Doug. :confused:

Back