2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My apologies for the elementary questions:

I got through all the modifications in FORScan, but I don't hear the locks do anything after turning the ignition off/on 8 times.

Where is the "remote entry module" located? I"m wondering if I don't have it.

If I don't have it, does anyone know the part number and a source for it?

I googled around and searched this site, but not finding anything definitive.

My apologies for the elementary questions:

I got through all the modifications in FORScan, but I don't hear the locks do anything after turning the ignition off/on 8 times.

Where is the "remote entry module" located? I"m wondering if I don't have it.

If I don't have it, does anyone know the part number and a source for it?

I googled around and searched this site, but not finding anything definitive.
The remote entry module is located at the bottom of the center console (if you have an OEM one) or next to 14 Pin police connector under/behind the climate control panel. If I found a pics of it I’ll post it later. You can also check the DTC code in Forscan, there might be an error pops up if the module is missing.

The remote entry module is located at the bottom of the center console (if you have an OEM one) or next to 14 Pin police connector under/behind the climate control panel. If I found a pics of it I’ll post it later. You can also check the DTC code in Forscan, there might be an error pops up if the module is missing.
Yup, did see the DTC related errors. So that is it... bummer. It did not come with one.

Oh well, where do I get one? A part number would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the offer to put up some pcictures! That would certainly make it easier to find it.

Is this the right remote entry module:

Also, can somebody post a picture or a link that shows were it goes?

I have ordered the service manual, but it has been stuck in the "Shipping Department" for a few weeks :(

Is this the right remote entry module:

Also, can somebody post a picture or a link that shows were it goes?

I have ordered the service manual, but it has been stuck in the "Shipping Department" for a few weeks :(

That looks like the correct module, mine looks identical to that, a quick search with that part number also shows that it may control the TPMS too, but I see eBay listings for that exact part number for keyless entry modules. Mine was just floating loose in the front area of the console. I just tucked mine up in that region by the heater vent tubes. Range isn't great so I've been looking at adding a long range antenna to that module (I beleive it plugs into that gray port ) to see if that helps.

Updated 01/10/18
I want to put together a master list of all the Forscan Settings that apply to the 2011-2015 Police Utility Model years in one thread. I know we can use the search box but thought this would be easier. As this thread continues I will edit this first thread with any changes and updates that we find. The information used to compile this list comes from the site FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers thanks to Livinitup. I have also added an explanation of the functions.

7. Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
BCM 726-18-01 100 5 zz
7(A). Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
IPC 720-01-03 808A 000B5 or 00035

9. Remote Start Enable Configuration This setting causes the use with remote key fob.
BCM 726-19-01 **** zz 0148=Enabled, 0047=Disabled
Aloha chiefs,
I already wrote on another post (Keys&Remote Control) that I have a problem with entering the remote control programming mode in my PIU'15,
Then I guess I have a function number 7 unavailable.
Now I have found the solution. If someone had a similar problem, maybe they can find a solution in this thread: (Keys&Remote Control)

Hello,
I need Yours help / advice,
I checked a few changes with Forscan in BCM and IPC modules, but they didn't work.
I tried to bring all (my) changes back, but I don't know if I missed something.
Now the trunk opens only when the key is in the ignition switch on. (Previously, the trunk opening worked fine from the remote control or from the door panel).
The same with the panic button, it worked properly before (it seemed to be honk after pressing), now only the turn signals flash.
Neither do I have a wheel horn when I press it (of course it worked before).

Will it be best if I restore from an .ab file?
(Forscan tips: As-Built can be retrieved from Motrocraft site by VIN: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt)

Today I took screenshots of BCM and IPC modules, please take a look.
1.BCM.jpg

2.BCM.jpg

1.IPC.jpg

2.IPC.jpg

Its important to only make a change at a time, so that you can revert if a problem arises.
Each time you connect to the vehicle, Forscan should ask if you want to make a back up. This allows you to go back to the original settings for your vehicle. Did you do this?

Ello.
I found the solution myself,
it was enough to change the entries in the BCM module to factory ones::
726-08-01 0201 xx //Police Rear Door Config//
726 016-01 0000 xx //Lifgate Smart Unlock//

Updated 01/10/18
I want to put together a master list of all the Forscan Settings that apply to the 2011-2015 Police Utility Model years in one thread. I know we can use the search box but thought this would be easier. As this thread continues I will edit this first thread with any changes and updates that we find. The information used to compile this list comes from the site FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers thanks to Livinitup. I have also added an explanation of the functions.

APIM * Accessory Protocol Interface Module* 7D0
FCIM * Front Controls Interface Module *75A
ABS * Antilock Brake System* 76D
RCM * Restraint Control Module * 737
PSCM * Power Steering Control Modulal*730
ACM * Audio Control Modulal *727
BdyCM *Body Control Module *726
SCCM * Steering Column Control Modular *724
IPC * Instrument Panel Control Module *720
HVAC * Heating Ventilattion Air Conitioning* 733
GPSM *Global Positioning Module *701

2011-2015 Police Utility Settings / Module Address Settings / Notes
1. Police Rear Door Configuration - This setting causes the rear doors to ???????
BCM 726-08-01 xx*x zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
2. Dark Mode - This setting allows the doors to open without turning on the interior lights.
BCM 726-08-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
3. Police Liftgate Unlock - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-08-01 *x.. zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, functionality untested
4. Police Rear Door - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-08-01 xx*x zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, functionality untested
5. Courtesy Lamp Dimming - This setting causes the interior lights to fade off.
BCM 726-08-01 x*xx zz 1=Immediate, 2=Theater Dimming
6. Unlock Feedback - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-17-01 x*xx zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
7. Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
BCM 726-18-01 100 5 zz
7(A). Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
IPC 720-01-03 808A 000B5 or 00035
8. Locking Light Feedback - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-15-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled (PIU Default), 1=Enabled (Explorer Default)
9. Remote Start Enable Configuration This setting causes the use with remote key fob.
BCM 726-19-01 **** zz 0148=Enabled, 0047=Disabled
10. Instrument Panel Cluster Options - This setting causes ?????
IPC 720-01-03 **** C8 F3=Enabled, F823=Enabled w/climate seats, FC27=Enabled w/climate seats & Heated Steering Wheel
11. Liftgate Smart Unlock - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-16-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled (Default PIU), 1=Enabled (Default Explorer)
12. Perimeter Car Alarm (Disabled on PIUs) - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-20-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0=Disabled (Default PIU), 1=Enabled (Default Explorer)
13. Enable Aux Without Sync & Sirius This setting enables the Aux input to be used.
FCDIM 7A5-01-01 2021 1000 00zz Sirius also requires an ACM w/Sirius radio and a Sirius antenna
14. AWD Gauge & Average Speed/RPM - This setting causes ?????
IPC 720-01-02 *x.. xxxx xxzz 8=Disabled, B=Enabled
15. Compass Display This setting causes the compass display next to the dash odometer.
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx xx*x xxzz 0=Disabled, 6/F=Enabled
2011-2015 Model Year Common Settings
1. Keyfob Car Finder Setting - This setting causes the horn to hook when unlock key fob 2X.
BCM 726-15-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled (Default)
2. Concurrent High Beam/Fogs - This setting causes the high beams and fogs to light together.
BCM 726-11-01 x..* xxxx xxzz 1=Disabled (Default), 2=Enabled .
3. Golbal Open/Close (Needs additional wiring) - This setting causes both front windows to lower or raise from remote key fob.
BCM 726-04-01 xxxx x*x* 0=Disabled, 1=Remote, r
4. Tire Size - This setting causes the calibrate the speedometer for different tire sizes.
BCM 726-45-01 xxxx **** xxzz
5. Number of Turn Signal Flashes - This setting changes the number of monetary flashes.
SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0-3=1 Flash, 4-5=2 Flashes, 6-7=3 Flashes, 8,9=4 Flashes, A,B=5 Flashes, C,D=6 Flashes, E,F=7 Flashes Airborne_Ape's Find
Hello and thank you for sharing

I just got a 2015 PIU. I like to know what make and model of ForScan is the best for this car? I like to modify few things such as put a backup camera and have it display in the radio screen, turn on the flashing lights when lock and unlock the door. this is all I can think of right now. I am sure I will want to do more things to it

thank you very much for any info you can recommend

I just got a 2015 PIU. I like to know what make and model of ForScan is the best for this car? I like to modify few things such as put a backup camera and have it display in the radio screen, turn on the flashing lights when lock and unlock the door. this is all I can think of right now. I am sure I will want to do more things to it

There's only one Forscan. Buy a license and download the latest version found on the Forscan site.
Making the park lights flash when doors lock and unlock is a simple menu item in Forscan. Save your as built data before making any changes..Forscan will prompt you to do so.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

There's only one Forscan. Buy a license and download the latest version found on the Forscan site.
Making the park lights flash when doors lock and unlock is a simple menu item in Forscan. Save your as built data before making any changes..Forscan will prompt you to do so.
Thank you Matt

Graves / KayGee, Forscan has been a wonderful tool for me. I was issued my 17' PIU in November 2016 and have done the following thanks to Forscan.

-Modify stock PIU 4.2" display with Sync up to 8" MFT Sync system (Parts out of a 16' Explorer Limited)

-Add HD radio (out of a 15' Taurus)

-Just a few weeks ago, I added a media hub out of an 15' Explorer XLT (dual USB, SD card, and 3.5mm jack). This plus an Ford maps SD card allowed me to turn the factory GPS navigation back on.

-Unlock liftgate with doors (great mod!)

-Horn / light feedback when locking doors with fob (great mod!)

One of my guys was just issued his 17' and I did the liftgate mod for him. I also went in to do the horn / light mod but was only able to get the horn working. I was limited on time but need to go check my notes again and track down where the light feedback was. I'll post the info here.

I tried the AWD gauge mod yesterday with no luck. I changed one line of code in the IPC.

(720-01-01 xxxx x2xx)

Is that correct or is there more to it?
I'm trying to put a media hub in my '17. Can you tell me if this red plug is the correct harness plug?

PXL_20230131_222232818.jpg

Back