• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer with problems.

thesthompson

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I purchased a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited a several months ago. It's been in the shop for ER break sticking 4 times, now, on a road trip the strip along the windshield flew off going down the interstate. They said it looks like it was held on with velcro. It's in the shop again today. The transmission is doing weird things like hanging up and causing the rps to go real high while going down the interstate. We also made a pitstop along the way, then it would start "push button". It couldn't detect the pod when it was right there.
I love the vehicle in spite of all that's going wrong with it, but is anyone else having any problems with there's? Did I get a lemon?
Heartbroken - I was so excited to get one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited a several months ago. It's been in the shop for ER break sticking 4 times, now, on a road trip the strip along the windshield flew off going down the interstate. They said it looks like it was held on with velcro. It's in the shop again today. The transmission is doing weird things like hanging up and causing the rps to go real high while going down the interstate. We also made a pitstop along the way, then it would start "push button". It couldn't detect the pod when it was right there.
I love the vehicle in spite of all that's going wrong with it, but is anyone else having any problems with there's? Did I get a lemon?

When your driving is it in D or M. Can you tell me the difference between the D and the M. Can you post up a pic of the A pillar problems on your Ex. I'd love to see it. What color do you have? What trim level and build date. Can you give us the numbers after the last letter on your VIN. That will tell us if yours was an early build or not. Not sure exactly what you mean by "then it would start "push button''' Why don't you PM Cory or Seni so they can take care of you. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I can understand going from excited to heartbroken after having issues like these, and I would like to help. So I can assist, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name. If you send those details, I’ll do everything I can to lend a hand.

Cory

When your driving is it in D or M. Can you tell me the difference between the D and the M. Can you post up a pic of the A pillar problems on your Ex. I'd love to see it. What color do you have? What trim level and build date. Can you give us the numbers after the last letter on your VIN. That will tell us if yours was an early build or not. Not sure exactly what you mean by "then it would start "push button''' Why don't you PM Cory or Seni so they can take care of you. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Thank you for your recommendation for help with this. I will review the concerns and help however I can.

Cory

Driving

My explorer is still at the Ford dealership in Murfreesboro, TN. being worked on....again.
I drive in "D", but my husband had tried the manual. We were driving in "D" while on the interstate. We did check that.
They have fixed the A pillar, so they say. I haven't seen it yet. They were amused though when they saw it had velcro.
I have the black with speckles, forgot the real name....can't keep it at home long enough.
The push button wouldnt start with the pod in the vehicle.
I don't have the vin info because I still don't have the vehicle back.

WOW, i have read so many threads pertaining to the 2011 explorers having so many problems, is it really that bad? my dad always told me that everytime a new vehicle comes out or there is some sort of redesign, to wait at least a year before buying it so that they can work out any kinks. i never thought it would be this bad with the new explorer.

I certainly wish I would have waited. I'm not enjoying mine like I should.

If it all worked right, this would be an amazing vehicle.

Sadly, that is just not the case.

I just took delivery of a 2011 XLT on 06/27/2011. Not even three weeks later mine is in the shop.

Unfortunately just like thesthompson's post, 3 days ago the transmission started doing weird things like hanging up and causing the RPM's to go real high while going down the road. Last night it started slipping from a dead stop and then started shifting really hard (banging really) going through the gears both up and down.

Took it to the dealer and after they test drove it, they said "I did a good job of getting it to the dealer". (That's was not really comforting). They said something is really wrong and it is not just a loose cable or piece of linkage. I'll know more tomorrow after they take the cover off the transmission.

Hope this is not truely a design issue with the newly redesigned model.

I can understand going from excited to heartbroken after having issues like these, and I would like to help. So I can assist, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name. If you send those details, I’ll do everything I can to lend a hand.

Cory

I think that it's about time you change the same repertoir "feeling the pain, understanding your frustration, etc. By now it all sounds very artificial, ridiculous really. It would be better if a less "friendly" and more profesional language is used, i.e. signing your real first and last name, as a Ford cust. serv. representative; rather than Cory or Seni, that sounds like your customers are speaking to an outsourced customer service center in India or some other foreign country.

Hope this is not truely a design issue with the newly redesigned model.

Hope it works out ok for you. If it helps, the transmission, like many other parts in the new vehicle aren't new and untested :)

I think that it's about time you change the same repertoir "feeling the pain, understanding your frustration, etc. By now it all sounds very artificial, ridiculous really. It would be better if a less "friendly" and more profesional language is used, i.e. signing your real first and last name, as a Ford cust. serv. representative; rather than Cory or Seni, that sounds like your customers are speaking to an outsourced customer service center in India or some other foreign country.
It was not my intention to come off as artificial M1911A1. I only said it because I’ve been in situations like that and I really do want to help. I do care about helping and I try to do it to the best of my abilities.

Cory

I also have a 2011 explorer. Have had a few problems with the my touch, the "a" pillar, and the transmission slamming at around 35 mph. Trying to work trough the problems. We really love it we just need to get the problems fixed. Also the Bluetooth quit playing music trough the radio.

Cory and in the past- Seni- are all very helpful as are the members of the IVT like Rebecca. No need to come down in them at all.

I do however want to say, Cory- is Ford making you put the "make sure you communicate their frustrations" line into the reply? It does sound a smidge help-linish... :)

Once again, we have some red headed step children on here throwing a temper tantrum. My lolly pop is broken and I can't lick it properly, o. h look, someones trying to help me. I think I'll pull their hair and scratch their eyes. How dare they try and help me. Who do they think they are. Customer Reps are something.

What a rant, give them your GD VIN # so they can sort your crap out. They are here to help you. If you don't want it, then STFU.

Like this?

23059-38323.jpg

M1911A1,I think you need to back off our service representatives and go play with your 1911.Seni,Cory and the rest of the team have helped many on this forum.You don't see what they do when you PM them for help.They are sincere in their efforts and I,for one,am very thankful for the help.
I don't care if they call themselves M14,AR15 or SP101,they are here to help the new Explorer owners ( 2011 + )and they do a fantastic job.

Once again, we have some red headed step children on here throwing a temper tantrum. My lolly pop is broken and I can't lick it properly, o. h look, someones trying to help me. I think I'll pull their hair and scratch their eyes. How dare they try and help me. Who do they think they are. Customer Reps are something.

What a rant, give them your GD VIN # so they can sort your crap out. They are here to help you. If you don't want it, then STFU.

Keep it confidential you crybabies. What do you think this is, a forum...?

http://www.emailjokez.com/more/3673...m?active_image=367333Affen_37669_36733_1.jpg#

M1911A1,I think you need to back off our service representatives and go play with your 1911.Seni,Cory and the rest of the team have helped many on this forum.You don't see what they do when you PM them for help.They are sincere in their efforts and I,for one,am very thankful for the help.
I don't care if they call themselves M14,AR15 or SP101,they are here to help the new Explorer owners ( 2011 + )and they do a fantastic job.

I don't doubt the abilities of the Ford cust. serv. reps. to help with the many issues involved here. As I posted in my initial comments, the critique had to do with the continual use of cliches, too much empathy and sensitivity for a car company, that IMHO should be technical and objective. For what I have been able to perceived, in the last replies that Cory has posted, he has gotten the message. Great... As for you fellow Explorer Enthusiast, if it makes you "feel" better: "I can understand your feelings etc."....LOL........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is always at least one in the crowd! :crazy:

My suggestion would be to private message people if you have a problem with how they go about their jobs, no need to make it public. But that would have been the courteous thing to do, and we all know that the anonymity of the internet does not breed manners or etiquette.

Back