• Register Today It's free!

2012 2.0 Eco P0012 code questions

phenrichs78

Reaction score
City, State
Watertown
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
We have a 2012 Explorer with the 2.0 Eco in it.
Recently I have gotten CEL for P0012. It has happened twice. Both times during highway driving. First time it happened I cleared it and got the oil changed. Didn't happen again for a couple months but hadn't driven on highway during that time either. Second time again on highway.

I began looking into changing the solenoid but this looks like it might be quite a job as it seems the valve cover has to come off and there are quite a few things that appear to require removing to get that cover off. I have searched and searched and found nothing specific to this vehicle regarding the process. I have found info about changing them in other Fords that have the 2.0 but this has different stuff under the hood. Specifically there is a large pipe over the left side of the engine that may either be cooled air for the turbo or a big coolant line. I am unsure.

anyone out there have experience with this that can help me out? I am normally quite capable around engines and cars but this one has got me puzzled. Apparently the book time is an hour but I don't really see how.

thanks in advance

Back