2013 Ford Explorer Blis stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Blis stopped working

Robrap937

Reaction score
City, State
Katy,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
When I first received my 2013 Ford Explorer it had the BLIS system. After about 6 weeks, the system was gone, not functioning. I took it to 2 Ford dealerships and they told me it was not an option on the vehicle.
I thought it was a nice safety feature.
Has anyone had this problem before? I checked fuses in the engine compartment. The dealerships are reluctant at looking further into the problem.
Thanks-RP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I first received my 2013 Ford Explorer it had the BLIS system. After about 6 weeks, the system was gone, not functioning. I took it to 2 Ford dealerships and they told me it was not an option on the vehicle.
I thought it was a nice safety feature.
Has anyone had this problem before? I checked fuses in the engine compartment. The dealerships are reluctant at looking further into the problem.
Thanks-RP

Hi RP,

I'm happy to look into this for you. Send me your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) in a private message so I can check out some options to help.

Crystal

Problem with Bliss system

xxxxx

According to the window sticker for your vehicle it never came with BLIS. The only way to get BLIS on a '12 and up Explorer is to order the package that also comes with the second row inflatable seat belts. Do you have those? Easy way to tell is the buckle is much bigger and shaped different than a traditional buckle.

Hi Crystal, Here is the info you requested...

Hi Robrap937,

Since you're a fleet customer, I encourage you to contact our fleet department directly for assistance. They can be reached at 1-800-343-5338. Additionally, I recommend editing your public post to remove your personal information.

Crystal

Back