• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Hesitant to start

Mark1981

Reaction score
City, State
Atoka, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer xlt
Hello all, I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas on where to start with my wife’s explorer. It is a push button start and has been hesitant to start after sitting for a couple hours. It does start after about 10-15 seconds but this just started doing this yesterday. She has reported no other issues, no loss of power or sputtering, no flickering lights or funny smells.

Welcome to the Forum Mark. :wave:
Have you had the battery checked lately?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mark. :wave:
Have you had the battery checked lately?

Peter
Thank you Peter! At its last service the dealership marked it fine.

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas on where to start with my wife’s explorer. It is a push button start and has been hesitant to start after sitting for a couple hours. It does start after about 10-15 seconds but this just started doing this yesterday. She has reported no other issues, no loss of power or sputtering, no flickering lights or funny smells.
UPDATE:

the vehicle cranks fine with the remote start on the key fob.
this morning she got in it to take the kids to school, everything is working except no sound is coming out of the radio. The head unit is working but nothing from the speakers.
We recently had the Two front door panels taken off to repair the top near the window where the glue came undone.

Back