2016 explorer platinum front camera 2nd mode not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 explorer platinum front camera 2nd mode not working

soulburn74

Reaction score
City, State
North Hills, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
The front camera on a 2016 Explorer platinum has two modes. One with a single view looking forward, the 2nd with a 'tri-view' of slightly left, forward, and slightly right. After an insurance repair from a fender bender. The regular mode works fine, but when I hit the camera button the 2nd time to get to the 'tri-view' it does nothing, then hitting the 3rd time turns it back off. (Similar to an existing thread about a '17 explorer, but the 17's have a 'wide angle view' instead of a 'tri-view'. (maybe its the same thing.......but it sounded different to me. If the front camera is working, what could be the cause of the 'tri-view' not to work? is there some kind of recalibration that can be done via forscan etc?

The fender bender was months ago, and I rarely use the camera so I didn't know the issue existed until I was fiddling with it recently. Not a big deal, as long as this issue doesn't cause any other issues such as interactions with ACC/ Front collsion warnings (which is another issue i'm working my way through......getting the 'front collision sensor blocked periodically......(I posted another thread about this.....I think I have the solution for that (replace the mount etc). (hoping the sensor isn't actually bad.)

I put this post in the wrong group. Meant to put it in 2016 section, can Mod move it? *I tried to find settings to do it myself but either I didn't find it, or it doesn't exist.
Nor could I find a setting to delete it.

I moved your thread to the correct forum.

The front camera on a 2016 Explorer platinum has two modes. One with a single view looking forward, the 2nd with a 'tri-view' of slightly left, forward, and slightly right. After an insurance repair from a fender bender. The regular mode works fine, but when I hit the camera button the 2nd time to get to the 'tri-view' it does nothing, then hitting the 3rd time turns it back off. (Similar to an existing thread about a '17 explorer, but the 17's have a 'wide angle view' instead of a 'tri-view'. (maybe its the same thing.......but it sounded different to me. If the front camera is working, what could be the cause of the 'tri-view' not to work? is there some kind of recalibration that can be done via forscan etc?

The fender bender was months ago, and I rarely use the camera so I didn't know the issue existed until I was fiddling with it recently. Not a big deal, as long as this issue doesn't cause any other issues such as interactions with ACC/ Front collsion warnings (which is another issue i'm working my way through......getting the 'front collision sensor blocked periodically......(I posted another thread about this.....I think I have the solution for that (replace the mount etc). (hoping the sensor isn't actually bad.)
What you are referring to is the Wide Angle view. Hard to say if this was a result of the accident or not or if it is another software issue.
As for the Forward Collision Warning sensor, if it works at low speed as stated in your other thread, then it is likely the bracket. I believe the same sensor is used for your Adaptive Cruise Control.

Peter

Back