2020 Official Colorado Color Run | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

Ok I'm in.

Only problem I might have is if the doctors schedule my upcoming procedure during that week. Fingers crossed, hopefully that doesn't happen.

Also, I'm not in an explorer anymore. But my heart is still with EF and the blue oval.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok I'm in.

Only problem I might have is if the doctors schedule my upcoming procedure during that week. Fingers crossed, hopefully that doesn't happen.

Also, I'm not in an explorer anymore. But my heart is still with EF and the blue oval.
Alright! Putting you down as going on the 1st post. Welcome a board!

For anybody going, we will be at the Koa outside of town. If anyone wants or needs to meet up, that's where you will find a majority of us in the evenings, or early early mornings, the 21 thru the 29th.

I will post up here about meeting times, and places right before the meet.

I'm still planning on coming but I have to work Monday. My plan is to drive up Tuesday the 25th and run a trail myself that afternoon just outside of Purgatory to do some exploring/wandering and will likely camp on the trail somewhere. Wednesday morning I will run up and over Ophir then find the group along 550/Ironton if that is still the plan. I'm not sure if I will run Poughkeepsie or not but will definitely keep exploring and eventually find another boon docking site, I have a few in mind in the vicinity between Animas Forks and Silverton. I'll meet up with the group again Thursday somewhere TBD and then Friday I'm up for whatever but plan to run Owl Creek Pass out of Ridgway late that afternoon to a campsite along the Cimmarron river. Saturday early I'll continue on into Cimmarron to see some stuff I want to see and a short hike then hit the road back home.

Is anyone running VHF radios this trip? (and preferably not a handheld to get the transmit range) I have a CB but VHF will allow me much better coms to the group when chasing them down.

Anyone else planning to camp out somewhere along the trails that is going?

Cb and cell phone only for me.

I can give you a call on Monday evening, and let you know if the current plan is still viable. Never know up there. Been a weird year. Trails are being shut down and re-opened daily there (seems like) for this or that.

I "Think" Setinu is boondocking outside of Ouray. Where? No idea. lol

Current plan is to join you for Tuesday in the Bronco and Wednesday I'll trailer the Toyota down for Poughkeepsie.

2 weeks to go. The trail schedule is still the same but subject to change as Gman said. Never know when a trail may close. We will have service in Ouray so we will post if there are any changes.

This is Gman’s thread and the EF world is his thing, so I don’t want to step on his toes, but hoping to get a final headcount for the trip. We have a couple that are committed on our Facebook group and a friend that has a Jeep that will drive in Wednesday night to join Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The official trail run/meet is Monday through Friday, but we will run another trail on Saturday the29th if anyone wants to join. Sounds like Brian will be there Wednesday through Friday. Mrboyle for Tuesday and Wednesday. Traveler for the full week as well as Gman. RJ is in, but not sure on days. So right now it looks like 4 of us for the full week with 4 or 5 coming in later in the week or just a couple of days in the week. I had set a trail schedule, but with folks coming in mid week we can always change it up if everyone wanted to run Black Bear. I had that planned for Tuesday, but might change it for Thursday. I also don’t mind running it twice if needed. 😂 so as it gets closer or even that first day we can decide our week if needed. I’m open for whatever. Anyways if you all don’t mind just letting us know if you are for sure and what days. Also Feel free to mention a trail you would like to do.

Thanks
TJ

No toes stepped on. This is everybody's thread as far as I'm concerned.

I'm down for changing BB/Imogene to Thursday, as long as we don't break on the wall the day before. Lol!! These trails are a must do, and more so for those that never done them. The more the merrier.

I'm heading out on Saturday morning, so I can make it back for work on Monday.

I can edit the 1st post going list with + 1, + 2, etc for a head count if that's what your after TJ. Just need those here going to let us know.

Monday through Friday for me

No toes stepped on. This is everybody's thread as far as I'm concerned.

I'm down for changing BB/Imogene to Thursday, as long as we don't break on the wall the day before. Lol!! These trails are a must do, and more so for those that never done them. The more the merrier.

I'm heading out on Saturday morning, so I can make it back for work on Monday.

I can edit the 1st post going list with + 1, + 2, etc for a head count if that's what your after TJ. Just need those here going to let us know.
Sounds good sir. I think we are good though like you said. We shouldn’t need to worry about separate groups. I’m down for whatever trails and whenever. Looking forward to it though for sure. The explorer is all ready to go. I am just getting all the camp stuff ready and making sure the Motor Home is good to go.

I didn't think of the gypsies boondocking around our trail schedule. Didn't mean to mess you up there Brian. Lol

I'm with TJ, and just glad to make it. The rest is all a bonus.

I think we can keep the original plan as is, and those that want to do a same trail twice, we have enough people going that we could split for one day, and do just that. Heck, I might take one day and spend it on foot in Ouray. Always wanted to check out the falls there.

I like the original plan. Checking on if I can make it. Should know in a few hours. If the plan changes I’m ok with that as well.

poughkeepsie - love my spelling? Can you do that stock? Are there bypasses?

and it looks like imogene from telluride to ouray? I was there last week and ran it. It was really busy. Most run it the other way. I did get a broken tail light on that trail. That’s gonna hurt to replace!

I like the original plan. Checking on if I can make it. Should know in a few hours. If the plan changes I’m ok with that as well.

poughkeepsie - love my spelling? Can you do that stock? Are there bypasses?

and it looks like imogene from telluride to ouray? I was there last week and ran it. It was really busy. Most run it the other way. I did get a broken tail light on that trail. That’s gonna hurt to replace!

Poughkeepsie has a bypass but I have never been up there since they made it official so I can't tell you if it is doable in a stock rig. I can tell you (or anyone) that it is not doable in anything w/o front and rear lockers and minimum of 33's IF it is raining.

All the trails have been extra busy this year, but that may be slowing down a little now that some of the schools are back running. I've run Imogene (my favorite trail in the area) both directions multiple times and agree it it mainly run from Telluride to Ouray, but it is a two way trail so there is always traffic going both directions.

I made my plans off the original schedule for BB on Tuesday and Poughkeepsie on Wednesday. I'm not opposed to running a different trail on Tuesday, but was looking forward to BB again. Your final decision should not include me in the decision considering I can run any of the trails any time, I just need to know ahead of time if you are going to change Poughkeepsie as I will not miss that trail (I have a score to settle with the wall).

I’m making plans on the original schedule as well. I’m interested in BB and Imogene. Probably would pass on Poughkeepsi as I’m not a big dawg! So if I make it I can do trails on monday and Tuesday and come home on Wednesday. If the trails get switched I would have a day of not running a trail but would probably stay till Thursday.
just waiting to see if PTO gets approved.

From what I have been told, the Poughkeepsie bypass is doable just the same as the rest of the SJM trails, but the steep incline up to the bypass is rough with loose rocks. Bypass is a fair distance away from the wall (fork in the road), but rejoins pretty close to the top of the wall. If you use the bypass, you can spectate / heckle from the top of the wall, as we all pull cable up it. LOL!!

Sounds to me like we should stick the original schedule, and smaller groups can take different trails as wanted/needed. I'm good with that, no sweat.

From what I have been told, the Poughkeepsie bypass is doable just the same as the rest of the SJM trails, but the steep incline up to the bypass is rough with loose rocks. Bypass is a fair distance away from the wall (fork in the road), but rejoins pretty close to the top of the wall. If you use the bypass, you can spectate / heckle from the top of the wall, as we all pull cable up it. LOL!!

Sounds to me like we should stick the original schedule, and smaller groups can take different trails as wanted/needed. I'm good with that, no sweat.
Sounds good to me. We can just keep the original schedule and I will probably do BB twice as my buddy coming in from GJ will want to run it so we might do that Friday. I am hoping it won’t be as busy being the kids are going back to school.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok we haven't touched on this but I'll ask. Since there are so many going to this, is anyone interested in a small swap meet? For example, I've got a nice receiver hitch I'd love to get rid of if anyone is interested. And I may have a few other odds and ends that maybe someone else might be interested in.

Back