• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Alarm Going Off Randomly

LVST

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I am having an issue with my alarm going off intermittently in my 2020 ST. I searched and couldn’t find anything current. It is tuned but it was happening before the tune, and also happens on stock tune. This thing has been nothing but issues, but now this one is bothering neighbors. Anyone having the same issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the manual, there is a setting for alarms under Vehicle Settings. Unfortunately I have no idea what the settings are. Could be just ON or OFF.

Peter

May sound foolish, but a few times something has pushed the alarm button on the fob while it's in my pocket.

May sound foolish, but a few times something has pushed the alarm button on the fob while it's in my pocket.
It’s pretty consistent. I’m starting to lean towards a battery issue. It goes into a deep sleep mode and will not start from the Ford App. It never has any issues cranking or starting with the push button though.

I installed the VSS module to add the "remote start fob" and it adds the VSS for higher level of security. My alarm would go off all the time randomly without any buttons or movement on the vehicle. I ended up unplugging the VSS module. it is behind the fuse block at the left knee of the driver

Back