2023 Platinum ordered

OldElectric

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz Mountains
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011Escape Hybrid
Hi,

New here, basically looking for a forum that discusses Ford Explorer. I put in a custom build for a Platinum (white/white) with no moon roof and 2nd row bench seat. The build date was Oct 6 and now moved to September 11

I will be looking to do some ForScan changes, so looking for info on that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I received word today that my 2023 Aviator ordered on Oct. 31 now has an ETA of Sept. 19. It has been produced and is sitting along with 22,000+ vehicles awaiting the 360 reaview camera fix. As for making FORSCan changes, be careful with what you do as it could have warranty implications.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I received word today that my 2023 Aviator ordered on Oct. 31 now has an ETA of Sept. 19. It has been produced and is sitting along with 22,000+ vehicles awaiting the 360 reaview camera fix. As for making FORSCan changes, be careful with what you do as it could have warranty implications.

Peter
I didn't realize they would build and let sit on the lot..Interesting...or sad I guess. Yeah I hear your concerns on Forscan, but I have done it with my F150 and Edge and it is just to remove some minor annoyances...like the triple honk. I did tune the Edge...that caused me more pause with regards to voiding the warranty!

Drive it before you sign anything. My 2021 Platinum is the nosiest vehicle I've ever owner. Dealership insists it's normal.

What kind of noise? Road,wind,engine,rattles, etc?

What kind of noise? Road,wind,engine,rattles, etc?
Low frequency suspension noises at speeds less that 40 mph on roads with imperfections like tar strips, uneven small imperfections or generally bumpy.
On a smooth road the Explorer is quiet as you'd expect and that's very good.

Sorry to hear that. Many are waiting many months as you are.
With all it's oddities my Platinum is fun to drive, especially in Sport mode. After I rotated the tires yesterday I took it for a spin in Sport and it's definitely got power to spare.

Biuld date moved to September 26 🙁
Hopefully, it will then have the new camera. They are installing them and the associated software in over 5,000 Aviators that are sitting in Chicago at the rate of 800 a week. Mine finally showed "Shipped" on the 12th with an ETA of Sept. 27th.

Peter

Hopefully, it will then have the new camera. They are installing them and the associated software in over 5,000 Aviators that are sitting in Chicago at the rate of 800 a week. Mine finally showed "Shipped" on the 12th with an ETA of Sept. 27th.

Peter
I was notified on Monday that it is being built.!

So if you check it now, the status should show "In Production".

Peter
Yes it says in production but due to the strike it will be built half-assed... Seriously, I wonder about that...

Yes it says in production but due to the strike it will be built half-assed... Seriously, I wonder about that...
I don't believe that the Chicago Assembly Plant is currently affected by the strike and should be operating normally unless hit by parts shortages.

Peter

I don't believe that the Chicago Assembly Plant is currently affected by the strike and should be operating normally unless hit by parts shortages.

Peter
Correct (yet).

I ordered the skid plate to simplify oil changes as I do them myself.
Check out the EXPLORER hood lettering too, that's a nice look.

IMG_2854(2).jpg

Well I am starting to think about accessories...kinda want the timberline skid plate...but don't have a real compelling need for it...
I was thinking of that for my Aviator, If it can fit of course...

Back