295 70r17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

295 70r17

So I just found a set of nitto terra grapplers on Craigslist for $100. The tread isn't perfect but for $100 I couldn't pass them up. They're 295 70r17 and I was just wondering if anyone has/is running these on their second gen. And I also have no idea what size rims I should be looking for. (Width wise of course)

That's a 33" tire, stock is 29-30", too tall without some lift parts. The front can't take that wide of a tire without serious lift parts. Good luck,

Right now I have 31" good year wranglers on. And I'm running a TT and shackles. I'm also considering a body lift. And I also would be opposed to trimming to make them fit better

That 295mm is a huge tire to put on the front, though for off-roading with enough height I'm sure lots of trucks have that wide of a tire.

I'm aiming mine as a street truck only, and a 275/55/17 is my next planned size. Without careful planning, even that is very hard for the front, but minor when lifted.

BTW, for any wider tire in the back, gain some space by moving or tying off the parking brake cable, farther from the tire. On the 96-01 V8, there is an extra suspension link on each side, and the cable can be routed to the inside of that(R&R the link).

Back