• Register Today It's free!

3" suspension lift

sudiew

Reaction score
City, State
greensboro nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer sport 2dr
my son and i have done a 3" body lift on his 93 explorer sport. of course he wants it higher now! and thats ok. its a great bonding time doing the work.
please advise us as to the best 3" lift kit our there for your money.
and also if there is any suggestions or hints we would welcome them also.
thanks to this site for making the forum available!
sudiew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site! I would go w/ the James Duff 2.5" lift. Nothing but good things heard about this lift.

yup, as staying close to 3" of lift, i say the duff is the best...... or you can do the superlift 5.5 and put on some really big tires :)

3" lift

thanks for the help. it sounds like the duff's 2.5" is the way to go.
i appreciate the info.

No matter what lift you put on except a body lift of course is going to sag after some time. You could put a 4" with some 33s and when it starts to sag either fix it or you can have your desired 3" lift. After 2 years of being on my X my Trail Master finally got too low from all of the abuse it had taken. It had sagged a little over an inch. I was able to warranty the coils so I could get it back up to 4". Good luck with whatever you choose.

You could modify the Duff kit with spacers for the springs and drop the pivots a little for about 3-3.5"'s. That is what I plan on doing, when the money I need appears.

how much exactly is the duff kit? and how do i get 3-3.5" out of the lift? do i need any more parts or just modify the kit like it is? thanks

wheres that james duff lift kit sold? ive never seen it sold in any of my 4wheel magazines.

Back