31 inch tires w/18 inch rims Rim Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31 inch tires w/18 inch rims Rim Suggestions

Just wondering if this setup is possible..i really hope it is...ive decided that i want an aggressive tire with bigger rims like 18s and ill probebly have to do a little trimming b/c im not doing a lift or anything but i dont mind.

so just give some opinions on what u think...31s is the size i wanna go..thats a final choice of mine..now choice of the rims is either get like 18 inch chromes or 15x8 black rock crawlers.

Maybe this would help in you decsion which isnt helpin me but ill give it a try

With the chrome rims i was thinking of a sleak kinda setup with chrome step sides chrome grill guard clear front and back lights.

Or with the rock crawlers....Black grill guard...blacked out lights front and back..roof rack w/ spare...Black step sides...limo tint...black painted bumpers

Just let me know what you guys think....after writing this post im startin to lean towards all black setup...im really digging just straight up black.

Thanx guys let me know
Jay

lowdpypes has 285/60/18 which is 31.46 inches. If you want the sporty look and lift you ex a couple inches, do what lowdpypes did. If you want to do serious offroading, go for the 15x8 or 15x10 wheels and get some 31 or 32 at or mt tires.

I'd go with the chrome 18s they would look tight!

i would do the all black thing... here is my reasoning... its a first gen, and the chrome flasy rims dont look as clean on the first gen as they do on the later generation explorers.... a set of 31s on 15x8s would look just plain cool... and be more aggressive......

Oh I didnt realize it was a 1st gen. Ya in that case I think i'd also go with the 15s, althought I'm not much of a fan of the black rims unless you actually are going to go offroading..

Back