• Register Today It's free!

4.0 ohv exhaust 98 sport

xploder98

Reaction score
City, State
Hemet, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Saleen xp8 #27
I figured its bout time for an exhaust on this thing. Now my plan is to cut off the flange from the stock somewut y pipe that meets the cats and run new back from there. Im going to use a magnaflow high flow cat and borla pro xs muffler and run it in 2.5" from the stock y all the way back. I dont plan on using a resonator, i figure i can always cut and add one if i feel i need one. Anyone have any suggestions on this set up or does it sound like im good to go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

definitely interested in this, ive got the same vehicle would like to hear how this sounds

I'll definately be posting pics during the process and a quality recording after she's done. I just hope i dont lose low end. I love fsu from a red light, till i hit 3rd anyways. My first and second gear are riduculously torquey. This is a manual trans by the way ;)

Any suggestions anyone?

ive got the manual too. the only thing that could possibly cause losses in low end torque is gonna be those high flow cats but it shouldnt be drastic if any

Back