44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in?

Thanks Colin. The pictures turned out good, even if some of them are out of focus.

Thanks for the compliments on the bikes. It was a fun project to learn about fabrication and characteristics of how some welded parts pull or stiffen up (due to lacking a good jig) as well as being creative. The bikes are a little bit of a stretch to ride as well (that goes back to jig issue).

This spot was cool to see how the trucks manuevered through the obstacle with that right front tire floating in the air.
509527_95_full.jpg

Later, Chris.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o said:
That is pretty funny, I wasn't even there and that tells me there were f150 Highboys and Blazers on 44" swampers :D

For those who dont know This is Azusa canyon OHV

march_2006_033.jpg

march_2006_032.jpg

march_2006_031.jpg

took this pic through the binoculars its a little blury
march_2006_040.jpg

this one too
march_2006_039.jpg

march_2006_034.jpg

Did you just go there recently or are these pics old-ish?

last sunday (march 26th) saturday is ok but sunday is the "big day"
Nate

Where is Azusa canyon OHV compared to where we go in Truckhaven?

Positive Vibes said:
Where is Azusa canyon OHV compared to where we go in Truckhaven?

Azusa is about 25-30miles north east of down town LA. So for you, it's about 2 1/2 hours closer. It's just a bunch of Mud really :rolleyes: . Mud to much of a pain to clean off the truck, but I guess it's easier then dents from rocks :(

Stic-o said:
Azusa is about 25-30miles north east of down town LA. So for you, it's about 2 1/2 hours closer. It's just a bunch of Mud really :rolleyes: . Mud to much of a pain to clean off the truck, but I guess it's easier then dents from rocks :(

Here is a link to the Azusa Canyon Off road Assoation
www.acorausa.com
Nate

Back