5.0L Headers- Who wants some? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L Headers- Who wants some?

im in for whatever troll and blk mk8 are doin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am interested as well for whatever Troll and blk mk8 are doing. I have a cracked Right side now that is about to drive me nuts. I have had no success in finding anyone that has headers for this '96 and I do not want to pay the Ford for something they should have done right the first time. I think they should have done a little more research into this, before they produced them. The first set cracked at 35k and now I have 116k. I have been tolerating the noise for about 20k.

PS> Thanks for the Blend door fix. My X has either all Cold or all Hot and no good mix for in between. I will give it a try and see whats going on in there.

This site is a great help - Keep up the good work guys.

The Scottster - '96 XLT V8 :p

I am looking for a set of good headers...I don;t care who makes them, but i need somehitng affordable and something that will bolt up to my stock cats.
thanks

Yes. The Troll is the man! I want to have his babies,er headers I mean Don't forget me man! I have Edelbrock heads on my 347 stroker, but also AWD Is this a problem? I will offer my car as a guinea pig, install test. Can you say sacrifice?

jba is normally pretty far about prices and yes i want some count me in when can we get them e-mail me at chads2fast4u@hotmail.com

Do not count on any headers from JBA. They have flat out said that it will not happen. If you have a high performance application you can wait on the Troll headers. If you want FMS type headers, we are working on it at Explorer Express.

just getting back on this board. My names already on the list.

I'm still interested in headers!!!! Keep me on the list. Thanks to all that is involved in this search for headers!! Richard :)

Yes please

I want to get in on any headers that are made, that are better than stock of course! I want to redo my whole exhaust system, headers, high flow cats, dualin/out flowmaster - true duals baby! Keep me posted.

Hi, Just wanted to move this to the top again and see if there was any more news on a new supplier for the headers. I kick myself now for not buying the FMS before they went off the market... where else can you get coated headers for $225?? Anyway, if anyone has any updates or if there is a mailing list please add me. I am definately in on a set.

Thanks...

Brock
banbro@hotmail.com

FMS Headers

I have been calling FMS direct (Tech line (586) 468-1356) - m-9430-e50 for the stainless headers - I was actually told today that FMS is looking at another production of headers. Not sure on date but should be in this year. I do not know how much I would wish on this star, but for those of us with major ticking noises (mine has been going on for 6 months now) I would buy them just so that I can hear the road noise from the tires!!!! Thought you might like to know...:D

*BUMP* Any progress?

headers

I can tell you that stock headers are ****TY. I KNOW i have more power in here( although she'l scare you already), but I quit shaking and need headers. I have a few experienced answers and questions.
The ticking noise is probably your egrtube. Try a new header gasket( 94-95 mustang exhaust manifold gasket, stock form from fel pro). if the ticking is still there, verify it is the egr side ticking, new egr tube at ford is less than 60.00. however I had to make my own,( aftermarket intake manifold, phenolic 1" spacer, 95 mustang throttlebody adapter all screw up your alignment of fittings) still not perfected, but every temporary fix i do eliminates the ticking completely
question to all header designers,, I am anxiuosly awaiting a set of better flowing tubes, but what are you doing about the location of exhaust pipe on 4x4 or AWD driver side. There is only 1 place for it to get out of engine compartment. Ford even ball peened the oil pan to death to make the "valley" ,,,hell glorified dent, to accomidate the tube. What about the steering shaft? What will this do to the heat ie ac blwer side? I have a set of BEAUTIFIL stainless ceramic mustang headers (94-95) the tubes are larger, and guys they almost fit. small alterations( steering u joint, moving 1 tube,, 2 piece desing, change the angle of collector slightly,, they might bolt in.. I tried till i cried to get these to work, but short if hit them with a hammer, I'm now equipment challenged. Have you tied these for a starting point?
please let me know troll, how you are coming along on this. I am waiting on ya, listening to no more B.S. ( the headers came from a dealer whose rep said he watched them go into an explorer of his friends, I called him sobbing,, he no longer.....you know

i must correct the header application. They are Flowtech block huggers for small block ford part no.32000l FLT see pic and imagine engine compartment

Attachments

• flowtech blockhuggers.jpg
    flowtech blockhuggers.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 271

any update?

-=bmacd=-

Torque Monster Headers

JTSmith,

Go to "torquemonsterheaders.com" or "section525.com". They may help you with your header delema.

Best Regards,

rcpasq

jtsmith said:
I can tell you that stock headers are ****TY. I KNOW i have more power in here( although she'l scare you already), but I quit shaking and need headers. I have a few experienced answers and questions.
The ticking noise is probably your egrtube. Try a new header gasket( 94-95 mustang exhaust manifold gasket, stock form from fel pro). if the ticking is still there, verify it is the egr side ticking, new egr tube at ford is less than 60.00. however I had to make my own,( aftermarket intake manifold, phenolic 1" spacer, 95 mustang throttlebody adapter all screw up your alignment of fittings) still not perfected, but every temporary fix i do eliminates the ticking completely
question to all header designers,, I am anxiuosly awaiting a set of better flowing tubes, but what are you doing about the location of exhaust pipe on 4x4 or AWD driver side. There is only 1 place for it to get out of engine compartment. Ford even ball peened the oil pan to death to make the "valley" ,,,hell glorified dent, to accomidate the tube. What about the steering shaft? What will this do to the heat ie ac blwer side? I have a set of BEAUTIFIL stainless ceramic mustang headers (94-95) the tubes are larger, and guys they almost fit. small alterations( steering u joint, moving 1 tube,, 2 piece desing, change the angle of collector slightly,, they might bolt in.. I tried till i cried to get these to work, but short if hit them with a hammer, I'm now equipment challenged. Have you tied these for a starting point?
please let me know troll, how you are coming along on this. I am waiting on ya, listening to no more B.S. ( the headers came from a dealer whose rep said he watched them go into an explorer of his friends, I called him sobbing,, he no longer.....you know

Add another. Supposedly there is a new part number coming out from Ford according to a buddy I have deployed with me who has some connections. The Ranger conversion guys want some too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back