sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I know this has probably been discussed many times over but since the search function is still not working.. I GOTTA ASK AGAIN!

Where is the MAF on the 5.0s and do I need a security star to get it off as well?? I looked under the hood and the only thing I found that might be the MAF is bolted on with about three regular bolts. Is this it? (Yes, I am new to MAFs). Thanks a lot!

Hope I can help!

I myself was a bit confused. The MAS on my 95' I eventually found. My engine is a V6 but looking at the pic it seems similar to mine.
Found mine inside the or actually on the other side of my K&N Air filter. Mine was part of the Big Black Tube(looks like a bucket).
When you open the Air filter the filter is in your left hand then the MAS is in the Right. Take you time and look it over it's actually very simple. I had to pop open mine a bit use a screw driver to help remove the wire bundle then the rest is even easier. Once you have the wire disconnected then they will come apart.
Look at the other side and you'll see the security star bolts. Remove them and clean away.
I was worried that I would mess up something! Just take you time do it right. Watch the way it comes apart (Simple) and do in reverse.
When I did mine I fogot to reconnect the wire bundle oops! Live and learn.
Now I can do it in NO JOKE less than 2 minutes.

I work on 45 million dollar aircraft everyday but am still learning on the Explorer. It is fun though.

Okay.. I got it! Thanks a lot!

Back