5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Thanks for the merge.

So I have the light bars now in the mail. I have a 24" and a 20" RGB bar. The dealer is going to install them for me.

I've been looking everywhere for a stock looking aux lighting switch but haven't found much. Anyone with an interceptor care to chime in if you have any additional switches? I would love to pick up a stock looking interceptor part if i can find it to make the bars work.

UPDATE:
I think I figured it out. These two parts on a vehicle without the extra switches will give me three buttons. 2018 explorer xlt

Switch Panel - Ford FB5Z-7804338-DA

Tract Control Switch - Ford (BB5Z-13D730-AA)

Ive ordered these two parts, Ill update as to how it works out. I might need to find a sticker or something to stick on top of the stock switch designs

Do you have any pics of these two parts? The Ford online drawings don’t give a very good image.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a custom Baer set up that uses their calipers, rotors and hats, I had to have brackets fabricated to make them work.

Nice Explorer! I saw yours on the road today!

image_zps7l1e5b2o.jpg

image_zpsi0rhzcfu.jpg
Just curious what you mounted the light to? I have a 2013 XLT and that spot has nothing solid to bolt to. Thanks for any help you could give.

So I just put a lightbar in behind my grille. It was actually fairly easy despite how the photos look!!! I know that it looks very hard, but these fords are fairly easy to work on!!! It's a cheapo depot light from amazon that is $79. I bought the "spot" version just as the application site would make the fog version almost impossible. The light bracket is from Offroad Alliance ( Crown Offroad Auxiliary Switch Panel ) and I LOVE IT! I ran the wires up behind the bumper support where the stock fog light wiring harness is currently. I will have more photos of the placement of the fuse block location, how I tied it all together etc, soon.
H1tMIde.jpg

Yv9Y5nK.jpg

heRZ7nr.jpg

QkXOusH.jpg

bmcErtR.jpg

19RqkG6.jpg

eQavmgk.jpg

lc9Vpel.jpg

So I just put a lightbar in behind my grille. It was actually fairly easy despite how the photos look!!! I know that it looks very hard, but these fords are fairly easy to work on!!! It's a cheapo depot light from amazon that is $79. I bought the "spot" version just as the application site would make the fog version almost impossible. The light bracket is from Offroad Alliance ( Crown Offroad Auxiliary Switch Panel ) and I LOVE IT! I ran the wires up behind the bumper support where the stock fog light wiring harness is currently. I will have more photos of the placement of the fuse block location, how I tied it all together etc, soon.

bmcErtR

19RqkG6

eQavmgk

Yv9Y5nK

QkXOusH

heRZ7nr

H1tMIde

lc9Vpel

FYI, pictures are not showing.

To post pics on the site, you can use a 3rd party image hosting site, such as imgur, or you can take out an 'Elite Explorer' subscription ($20/annual) and upload straight from your computer.

To post pics on the site, you can use a 3rd party image hosting site, such as imgur, or you can take out an 'Elite Explorer' subscription ($20/annual) and upload straight from your computer.

You have to right click and then open in new window for them to open. It’s from imgur.

You have to right click and then open in new window for them to open. It’s from imgur.

Interesting, they weren't showing up for me as links, only fragmented IMG lines.

Edit: strike that, I figured it out.

bmcErtR

19RqkG6

eQavmgk

Yv9Y5nK

QkXOusH

heRZ7nr

H1tMIde

lc9Vpel
Thank you, as somebody just posted the pics didnt come through. Of I provide my email could you send them to me?

The pictures will show if you use Google Chrome and right click on the 'image' and then select "Open image in a new tab". I was able to view all of them.

Peter

The pictures will show if you use Google Chrome and right click on the 'image' and then select "Open image in a new tab". I was able to view all of them.

Peter

I was on chrome on my computer and they didn't seem to work. Same on my phone. Probably just me though.

Thank you, as somebody just posted the pics didnt come through. Of I provide my email could you send them to me?

Sure Jason! Just send it as a message to me and I will do that right away! Actually that goes for everyone, I had some complications with loading the images so if you shoot me a message on here with your email, I would be more than happy to email you the pics. Also, big thanks to Peter, because that’s how you view them!

bmcErtR

19RqkG6

eQavmgk

Yv9Y5nK

QkXOusH

heRZ7nr

H1tMIde

lc9Vpel

Sure Jason! Just send it as a message to me and I will do that right away! Actually that goes for everyone, I had some complications with loading the images so if you shoot me a message on here with your email, I would be more than happy to email you the pics. Also, big thanks to Peter, because that’s how you view them!
Thank you so much. My email is -qtipp33@gmail.com

imgur shouldn't have any issues with displaying images - no need to right click and open in new window. Just go back to your post with the images and edit your links and the pictures should display correctly.

Copy the BBCode link direct from imgur that already has the image tags with it and paste it into your post.
21NGjaR.jpg

Or, enter the correct tags before and after the image link - [i mg] before and [/img] after (remove the space from the first tag so it works correctly)

imgur shouldn't have any issues with displaying images - no need to right click and open in new window. Just go back to your post with the images and edit your links and the pictures should display correctly.

Copy the BBCode link direct from imgur that already has the image tags with it and paste it into your post.
21NGjaR.jpg

Or, enter the correct tags before and after the image link - [i mg] before and [/img] after (remove the space from the first tag so it works correctly)

Hey thanks!!!! I did it!

I did this a couple of months of months a go. I agonized over where to mount it. Wanted to mount it as high as possible, within the grille of course as I'm going for stock look anyway. And I wanted it completely outside of any airways. Couldn't bring myself to cut an opening for it. It will not have a good finish I knew it. I ended up mounting it as the photo but I opened another air passage in the plastic exactly above that. So airflow is almost unchanged. Works pretty well in the deserts and in dark storehouses districts where I have to be often.

https://i.imgur.com/s6hKBqq.jpg

Imgur

No picture.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For my 2011, I run a 20" light bar on the bottom grill in the middle of the fog lights (grill removed). Depending on the light bar you get, you can mount it with the pre-existing screw taps on the bottom of the metal bumper and you don't need to drill anything. My light bar had slider mounts on it, so I mounted it and slid it over to center it. I have no issue with airflow. Also, since its just a 20 inch, and doesn't draw much amps, I connected directly with my fog lights so it comes on with my fog light switch.

Back