6 Disc to Replace Tape Deck?

ions

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello,

I pulled the 6 Disc cd changer from my 2001 Sport Trac and now wanna put it in my dad's 1996 Mazda B2300 it seems the tape deck and cd changer are the same size and my cd changer has just been sitting in my room on the floor so i was just wondering if it would work in an older ford related truck? Thanks

000_0227.jpg

000_0245.jpg

000_0247.jpg

And pictures of an engine that hasnt been cleaned in almost 10yrs or 366,908mi
000_0235.jpg

pretty clean I think. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think you can. ithink the Ranger has a different plug-in in the rear. They changed them in 98 or something. The radio will fit but the plug is wrong.

I think the 96 is two flat bars vs. yours are two square ones.

Ok thanks for the quick reply.

actually you can. it does have different plugs...
but you can use an adapter plug for your car (FDO2 or 70-1770) and then wire that one into the plug that is the reverse harness plug for the newer ford (71-1771).
i believe those are the wire harness part numbers i use at work. the adapter plug for the mazda might be wrong.. your best bet is to take the stereo out and go into a stereo shop and let them match up theplugs.. tell them what you are doing and they wil take care of it.

it will slide right into your new stereos hole.. and with the adapter plugs it will work the same way too :)

You will need to modify/get an adapter harness for it.

Back