'66 Mustang Restomod Log | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'66 Mustang Restomod Log

Excellent!!:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She won another award today. 3rd place in the Last Cruise in State College in the 64.5-78 category. We were surprised that she beat out several Shelby GT-350's

Congrats:chug: Do you take the Mach 1 to the shows as well?

Congrats:chug: Do you take the Mach 1 to the shows as well?

Yep, but it usually gets lumped into the 99 & up category, so I'm up against GT-500's and all the new cars, so it's kinda futile :(. When I get into a category that stops at 04, I win some trophies...

Trophy:
P7240027.jpg

Thought I'd update this a little as we've made some changes to the car specs:

• A Pertronix distributor/coil setup instead of the Accel ignition.
  • A Zoom Musclecar series clutch instead of the King Cobra clutch(much smoother and softer).
  • Forged pistons and a .030" over bored 1967 302 block (it's still a 289 motor because we used a 289 crank).
  • Changed to a 276°/286° duration/.471" lift cam.
  • Added a Northern Aluminum Radiator instead of the Be Kool (much better design)
  • Removed the rear stabilizer.
  • 3.55 Auburn/Currie 8" 3rd member.

Once the motor is broken in, it will be back to the dyno for tuning again. The thread on the motor build can be found here.

I must be the Only member who missed this build, truly Amazing Work!! Absolutely Stellar Stang!!

Finally got the car back on the dyno with the new motor. Didn't put enough miles on it last year to break it in because my wife had her knee replaced.

Spent the day on the Godspeed Dyno with Bart Grande in Potters Mill, PA. Here's the sheet:

66_Dyno_2013.jpg

Back