• Register Today It's free!

8.8 diff cover

redrocket1468

Reaction score
City, State
greenville
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 limited 4in.sus3in.bod
Does anyone know a good place to get a strong 8.8 diff cover I'm tired of the stock ones. Bumping a rock and gear eating a hole in it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you tried the internet? Try here (dead link)
Or.... you could try the search button on this site... pretty sure there are like a bajillion explorers on here with some kind of aftermarket diff cover.

you can do the "poor man" diff cover by getting one from a third gen with IRS. then use a grinder and sawzall to cut off the "ears" and there ya go! strong aluminum diff cover with fins and a drain/fill hole

the 8.8 is a popular axle. lots of companies make covers for them.

I'm running a diff skid from Rustys Offroad, goes on over the stock diff cover. Its pretty tuff, I've slamed it really hard multiple times.

look on flea bay ??? lots of options

I just bought one from Crane Hi Clearance. Normally it's $179.00, but I found one on Ebay for $95.00. A little overkill, but cool IMO.

(dead link)

Don't buy it, FAB it beotch! Get the metal and I'll make you a guard like mine. Worked great last time I was out

the new shelby gt 500 mustangs come with a aluminum cover

hijacking in progress.

does anyone know where i can buy the cleargearz diff cover for the 8.8, CHEAP? i saw some for really cheap but they no longer had the 8.8 on clearance or sold out completely. id buy one used if i could find it

hijacking in progress.

does anyone know where i can buy the cleargearz diff cover for the 8.8, CHEAP? i saw some for really cheap but they no longer had the 8.8 on clearance or sold out completely. id buy one used if i could find it

I too would LOVE to have one of those

try (dead link) they have some crazy diff covers

I dont see anything wrong with the stock one beside not having a drain,witch can be put in for a couple dollars(given its the steel one)

Get a riddler and send it to me. I'll send it to you like this

014-1.jpg

Oh,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322066&highlight=riddler

Definitely not for off roading:
(dead link)

Get a riddler and send it to me. I'll send it to you like this

I Just bought a Riddler last week, still in the mail. It's gotta go on next week with my LSD rebuild, before it snows, and that's soon. I'll end up hitting it with some battleship grey rattle can...

That's some nice paint work though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back