92 eb x | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 eb x

Here are some pics of my x from the day i got to about 3 weeks ago. Paid $500 for it from my moms car lot.

here what i have done to it so far.
tires- $444.89
brakes and all- $300
fuel filter & air filter- $15
new belt, wires, exhaust, coolant flush- $130
thats a total of $1389.89 with buyn the car

It still needs new hubs or some good used ones and need the RA bushings fixed. i get about 20 mpg. well here are some pics of the X.

Thats my cuzn no me. Just wanted to see what kind of flex it had. pretty impressed with it on this slope i can drive up and over this in just 2wd.

853_10150286333210481_545535480_15224586_3876396_n.jpg

853_10150286333215481_545535480_15224587_4925286_n.jpg

z.jpg

d-1.jpg

asd.jpg

Cant wait to start doin some suspension work and wheels and tires. hope you enjoy. James

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the exact same truck except a 93! Same color and everything. I did a shackle lift in the rear just as a first step awhile back, very big difference in ride quality. Also is a bit higher in the back. And mine has a pretty consistant layer of mud on it too :)

Oh! I forgot that I also painted my grille and headlight casings flat black with a spray can from Autozone. It looks reeeally good with the turquoise paint. Highly recommend it :)

Oh! I forgot that I also painted my grille and headlight casings flat black with a spray can from Autozone. It looks reeeally good with the turquoise paint. Highly recommend it :)

I swapped my chrome stuff out for sport model grille and light trim.... essentially the exact same thing you just did.

Yup pretty much. Looks really good. How are you getting such good mileage?? I'm getting about 12..

Yup pretty much. Looks really good. How are you getting such good mileage?? I'm getting about 12..

The 20mpg is highway. City is "supposed to be" 17-18.

I deliver pizzas with mine and I still get 16.5-17 city.

I was only getting 14 when I first got mine.

I did the following: motorcraft(MC) plugs and MC wires (bought from Advance Auto Parts).... the plugs were the copper plugs. I think I bought the copper plugs, maybe I bought the MC plats.... oh well.

I usually run a bottle of lucas fuel cleaner once every oil change.

I run the MC semi-synthetic oil. (I have been running this oil for several years) and yes the MC FL1A filter. My local wally world sells the 5qt jug for 17 something. MC filter was 3 something. So normally I can get my oil change done for a $20 bill.

I know there is a whole bunch of motorcraft going on here, but think of it like this...... If you took your truck to the ford dealer for a service (if you were that brave and had money to burn) this is what you would get for parts (although more costly through them).

I have tried all the claims of brand X spark plugs/ wires gives you more horsepower or blah blah blah.... I figured out I wasted money and that the factory stuff is just as good. JMO though.

Oh sweet! Thanks man! The next time I will definitely take your advice cause I am seriously dying on gas right now. How much does the Lucas Fuel Cleaner run about? And I know this is a dumb question but do you just put it in with the fuel? I've never used it before. When I am due for my next oil change I am definitely going with MC. Would the full synthetic be even better then the semi synthetic??

Oh sweet! Thanks man! The next time I will definitely take your advice cause I am seriously dying on gas right now. How much does the Lucas Fuel Cleaner run about? And I know this is a dumb question but do you just put it in with the fuel? I've never used it before. When I am due for my next oil change I am definitely going with MC. Would the full synthetic be even better then the semi synthetic??

yes you just add the fuel treatment to a full tank of fuel.

you could run full synthetic but why? Our trucks are almost 20 yrs old. There isn't a NEED for full synthetic. I started using the MC oil a few years back cause the parts store had it on sale, I didn't notice it was a semi synthetic until later on.

Oh really? Hm..how much of a difference do you think the semi synthetic from regular really makes? Obviously it's doin somethin right but could you tell any sort of difference in the way it ran or anything like that? And obviously it must help gas mileage at least a little bit.

Oh really? Hm..how much of a difference do you think the semi synthetic from regular really makes? Obviously it's doin somethin right but could you tell any sort of difference in the way it ran or anything like that? And obviously it must help gas mileage at least a little bit.

It was a combined effort of alot of things that brought up my gas mileage on the explorer, such as plugs, wires, and the MC oil.

The only time I know it did anything (meaning oil alone) was in my old 94 ranger the gas mileage went from 19-21 mpg, I didn't do anything else.

So it's hard to say maybe the oil doesn't increase gas mileage. All I know is my beast is getting 2 to 2.5 mpg better than when I got it. (16 to 16.5, up from 14). This is measuring city mpg's.

Back