93 eddie bauer with 38s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 eddie bauer with 38s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

now im wondering if you do happen to get a flat what good you spare does... and even if it were to be halfway useful, how do you get it down.

And i seriously hope you have a solid axle under that truck or you are asking for trouble. And can you flex at all without rubbing?

Interesting exhaust pipe. Take on deep water often?

Ugh, Hmmm where to start?

I see your still running a TTB, this cant be good, Way to weak. How many parts have you replaced? Do you wheel it hard? Not trying to be mean about it, jsut saying. I wouldnt trust that weak d35 to 38"s.....

Nice rig, but ya need a Solid Axle under it.....

726303_5_full.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed the answer to my post.

Nice truck.. looks like this one that Doug noticed..

6542109_0972-med.jpg

6542109_0968-med.jpg

Same truck. Once a year it gets posted here under a new name.

I could kinda sense the guy hadn't built it by the way he described it.

So are we saying the guy doesnt own it or that the truck gets sold alot?

He probably bought it from the guy in NJ..

actually i bought it from a guy in MD and he bought it from a guy in PA about 9 mo ago, and yes i do need to do alot of work to it, he snorkels are going, the exhuast is already gone, im redoing the front bumper and actually putting a bumper on it, imnot sure on keeping the TTB or not, im thinking about doing asolid axel, as far as parts breakage, it still has the factory hubs on it, which blew the first day i got it, i dont know how the people who owned it before me wheeled it but it must have been really easy, but ive got new hubs ordered and it does pretty damn good in 2wd with those swampers., as far as a spare goes, im not going to worry about it until i wear these 38s out and im going to drop down to 35s or 36s,

Yeah I took pics of that truck sitting up in northern NJ at a trans shop over a year ago now. Certainly an interesting rig i bet the d35 loves those tires. Also I noticed you said on your site it had a trans rebuild by level 10, I'm pretty sure thats the name of the shop it was sitting at when I saw it.

Xzibit A said:
actually i bought it from a guy in MD and he bought it from a guy in PA about 9 mo ago, and yes i do need to do alot of work to it, he snorkels are going, the exhuast is already gone, im redoing the front bumper and actually putting a bumper on it, imnot sure on keeping the TTB or not, im thinking about doing asolid axel, as far as parts breakage, it still has the factory hubs on it, which blew the first day i got it, i dont know how the people who owned it before me wheeled it but it must have been really easy, but ive got new hubs ordered and it does pretty damn good in 2wd with those swampers., as far as a spare goes, im not going to worry about it until i wear these 38s out and im going to drop down to 35s or 36s,
Sounds like you have an honest plan there, and an understanding of what isn't right with that rig. If you aren't planning on continuing to be easy on it, I wouldn't even wait until the 38's wear down, I would take the body lift off, and go ahead and swap down to 35s. I just can't see the ttb even beginning to be reliable (threrefore not fun) with those meats on it. You are going to continue to destroy hubs, bearings, steering components, etc etc etc with that setup.

Good luck with it!

Good advice :thumbsup: I think the swap down to 35's would be a wise choice.

lol i have the same bush bumper as you do :p i like the way you have it mounted up with no bumper, do you have any pics up close of how you mounted it?

haha the front bumper, mounted up, well the guy used some thin steel and WELDED it to the frame, not only that the welds are REALLY bad, i dont know how to weld but i bt i could do betteer than he did, and im gonna have a real fun time trying to grind/cut it off of there.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for ya. Welcome to the site! :bounce:

I can't believe those are 38s on a D35 :eek:. I think that moving down to 35s or 36s would be a good choice.
BTW-Welcome to the site

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. You really have a lot of work to do. I hope you didn't pay alot of money for it because it might result in costing more than just buying a 93X and building it up.
Anyway goodluck you'll find this site very usefull. If you got questions we got answers.(isn't that for a TV ad or somtehing?)

Back