93 Explorer project "The Hulk" | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer project "The Hulk"

Ok to give a starting point i want to say that i have had a 91 X that i had the Superlift 5.5" lift on back in 2001 took it to MOAB and had a blast including jumping it 5' yes FEET off the ground at the dunes. However it was unfinished and i was 19 and traded it in for another vehicle and have regreted it ever since. Then in August of 2010 i found this 93 that i purchased for $400 because it needed a clutch and was beat up a bit. So Since then all i have done was a clutch until recently. I started replacing a few things here and there including one front fender which the other needs to be replaced as well eventually. Then i finally decided it was time for the fun stuff. SO i purchased another superlift 5.5" Superrunner lift, the one with the extended radius arms. I also purchased a set of used tires and rims tires are 35 12.50 r15. Then i purchased a set of 4.56 ring and pinion with master rebuild kits for both axles. And i wanted to start logging all this on here for others to see as well as advice. So you know before i get beat up too bad on the TTB i thought about going to a straight axle and i might eventually but i personally kinda like the TTB and this is also still going to be my every day driver, I just want it to be more offroad capable as well. I plan to replace all seals and bearings in both axles MAINLY in front while its all apart, and probably painting/undercoating both axles at the same time. Any ideas on some small things that i may want to consider WHILE im doing the lift and gears to possibly save me some time or hassle down the road a bit????

Thanks for reading if you were able to read through it all just wanted to give a good background. OH YA and i will post some pics soon of the 93 as well as a couple of my first X the 91.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK. I got a few parts ordered while I was out of town. Nothing drastic but I hope to have the Rear axle all but complete by the weekend. then I have to bust ass to try and get the front done in time for moab and still gotta find a trailer to tow it down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok new twist. Decided since I already missed moab this year I'm gonna shoot for next year. Hopefully I'll have a 14bolt in the rear and a dana 60 up front. And possibly another body mod im thinking about. More to come.

Go big or go home, that's what I always say...lol

I didn't realize you were finally doin an sas, that's awesome! Better see it next year at Moab!

Hope it gets real serious!

Well I have been regretting scrapping the hulk ever since! And am currently in the works of getting another rig. Actually has some of my parts from the hulk on it. When I pick it up I’ll post up pics.

419F74B9-7CAF-4BC1-A9BC-0096411CA522.jpeg

Welcome back! Like the new rig!

Back