'94 X-Ploder S.A.S. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'94 X-Ploder S.A.S.

building this cheap and with parts i have gathered. i will not be doing any serious crazy 4wheeling, but i do mud bog at certain events mostly. i run and compete in a 4 & 6 cylinder class where you cant have visible motor mods.

so far i put a 2" body lift in and i did the rear flip kit done using the stock 8.8, 31spline rear, and the center section is welded and i added a set of 4:10 gears. so with all that in the back i got 5 1/2"s of lift.

for the front we are using a d44 out of an early bronco that will be coil sprung. im going to order early bronco spring buckets and 5 1/2" lift coils, we are doing custom steering and eventually custum radius arms.

i plan to run at least 36" tires, maybe a set of swamper ssr's or iroks.

now since ill be usuaing an early bronco rear thats narrower that a full size width, tires shouldnt hang out to far right? that will be about the same as the stock 8.8 rear? or will the fronts hang out way more?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

take and post lots of pictures!!!! Good Luck!

You will be right at stock width with the EB front.

sum pics

Attachments

• CIMG0331.JPG
    CIMG0331.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,122
  • CIMG0445.JPG
    CIMG0445.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,132

oohhhh ahhhhh... looks pretty good so far... but post as many as you can! Post some of the process, you working on it, talk about the problems you had... we just want to learn from what you're experiencing!!

Keep having fun and can't wait to see more!

more

Attachments

• CIMG0483smaller.jpg
    CIMG0483smaller.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,118

ok ok its a pain in the ass putting pics up here... let me try this now and see if i can get a bunch up!

this is just body lifted
CIMG0363.jpg

wacked out rear 1/4
CIMG0364.jpg

trimmed behiind fender
CIMG0372.jpg

body lifted on 33x10.5 boggers
CIMG0417.jpg

body lift and flip done to rear
CIMG0444.jpg

custom lowes snorkle
CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0484.jpg

gutted carpet, and new cb
CIMG0485.jpg

8.8 trick flow diff cover
CIMG0487.jpg

Well im not the only guy running mud anymore.....

Got any pic from the events you run at

I have to run in the v8 class cause of other mods......

257_cedc3_4e2fe138_tn.jpg.thumb

none with the explorer, b/c its in the build process, but i have a '96 ranger 4cyl 2.3l with 3" body lift and 6" superlift with 33 10.50 boggers & 4:10's with ttb suspension i ran '07 season...

pic in action before i broke pass side front axle with 4:10's

101_3711.jpg

me @ bogs
CIMG0201.jpg

axle pics...
101_3702.jpg

101_3703.jpg

101_3704.jpg

curent state with new 5:13 gears and welded rear and front locker

CIMG0182.jpg

CIMG0190.jpg

and with my daily driver 98 4.0 5spd ranger with 3" body and 33x1250 bfg muds
CIMG0193.jpg

nice! dose the snorkle get in the way of the door opening?

nice! dose the snorkle get in the way of the door opening?

yes it does, but soon ill have the doors off and it wont matter lol. but even if i modify some of the sections and make a better brace i can get it out and away with the door on and allow it to open with out problems

Yeah you should! Pull the plug on the computer and get wrenching!! :D

well no progress really made but i did just get home from the junkyard, i bought spring buckets shock towers and coil springs out of a 78 full size bronc for $40. and the new idea is since my xploder has a salvage title that i can never get in my name, im thinking d44 and 9" full widths....

hmmmm.....

new parts came in...
i ordered super flex 5 1/2 " coil springs from broncograveyard.com
and i got my springs perches from atech.

CIMG0731.jpg

CIMG0732.jpg

CIMG0735.jpg

Are those fullsize Bronco coils? Those are gonna be pretty stiff on an Explorer.

Okay .. I looked all over the BroncoGraveyard site but couldnt find the part # for the cat.

Price quote for one (1) cat with the special "Use Its Head To Hold Up A Coil Spring" modification, to zip 20876 -- thanks.

CIMG0732.jpg

Okay .. I looked all over the BroncoGraveyard site but couldnt find the part # for the cat.

Thats the old school "cat back" exhaust system found only on the early model Broncos. They discontinued it because it made noise and smelled funny when it warmed up!!:D:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are those fullsize Bronco coils? Those are gonna be pretty stiff on an Explorer.

they are 66-77 bronco coils yes sir..
stiff? not to worried bout that for mud boggin. and its just another vehicle to build for advertisement for our shop... OFF ROAD CENTRAL..
www.offroadcentral.biz

Back