97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck.

I got bit hard by the tuff truck bug, little lower than my previous rigs, for going fast and smaller jumps 4-5ft or less at this time lol.

Bought 97 Reg Cab 2wd Ranger guy started parting out, little rough.

Truck is getting painted Allis Chalmers Orange- bed will be done on Monday , just fixed dents in it this week at school.

Truck is getting Explorer 302 from my purple truck
5spd from 98 F150 with 4.2 V6
4406 manual

D35 TTB

James Duff front 5.5 Longarm kits, going to ad Pro Comp bump stops and some limiting straps.

Rear will get Deaver Race pack 2 & 1/2 lift springs

Running Bronco 2 tank in rear to keep wait on rear

Will have full roll cage and Corbeau suspension seats with 3in padded 5-point harnesses

running 31in Procomp Extreme all terrains

Few pics:

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well Chad you will need to come out for a ride sometime, or few of us are going to Smorr 1st weekend in April the 1st ,2nd and come home sunday morning, get there later friday evening.

That sounds like fun. I need to cough up some serious cash for new tires now. I was suprised I have over 60k on my KM2's. The rear tires are complete bologne skins now.

I will sell you some trail only tires :) Boggers would look mean LOL

Well looking at cost of premade numbers painting doesnt look so bad anymore LOL hmmm what to do.

Thats a good idea Dan.

Tracked my seat order shows they should be there when get home from work!! Excited to see them. Toomorow some spare warn lock outs I bought of Ranger station will be showing up.

Body prepped last night for paint, will be getting painted tonight!!

3 Big boxes waiting for me at home :) New seats and brackets!! Wow they feel comfy cant wait to sit in them in the truck. Hoping I can get my truck back from shop/school tommorow so I can work on interior/speakers and building front driveshaft.

I went with Corbeau Baja Ultra wides, and just pit them in today Love them!!!!

Thanks for the lockouts mainly needed the litte spindle nuts cause tit was broke off one I had, so good spare parts now lol
007-13.jpg

Little video, doesnt have 4wd yet LOL
th_002-7.jpg

LOL: Greg not sure about thrashing but a trip 1st weekend in April is a definate!!

I hope to have my rear bed cage and sliders built by then. So far should be able to.

yea Chad, thats what I was learning how to do at Linn State Tech last year when I went part time for my job, Im not the best but I can get it done, takes alot of work lol.

Im so excited about this truck, is my coolest truck to date! tryning to round up lil more money so i can order pro tools bender and tube notcher, just sold ARB, just need to sell boggers and I will have enough money!!!

Back