97 Ultimate SAS V8 Sport Build. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Ultimate SAS V8 Sport Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will sell for the right price :)

I have most of my parts gathered. the build is about to begin

92 Explorer Sport Frame
97 Explorer Sport Body
98 Explorer 5.0
TMH headers
5spd
4406 manual
Wanted this stuff, but decided was overkill, went with D44 and 8.8 scroll down for details.

79 Ford Kingpin 60, welded on wedges, 5.38 gears, aftermarket shafts
60 rear, disk brake conversion, shafts, 5.38 gears
Custom Longarms
42-14-16 Swamper Iroks on 16x10 TR beadlocks
Unsure how much lift I'm gunna try to go with, I would like to keep it fairly low for stability, but dont want to trim fenders to to mcuh, but prolly will have to.

Will for sure have 3in body lift
6inches of suspenison, but might go for another 4 inches of suspension with rear lift springs. ..... not sure yet

This thing is gunna be big can't wait!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Starting on going back together

026-8.jpg

029-8.jpg

030-8.jpg

034-5.jpg

035-3.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Old mounts all gone.

037-2.jpg

Sittn on its own weight!!!
042-2.jpg

048-3.jpg

049-2.jpg

050-3.jpg

Checking to see if my shocks were long enough- which they are.

057-3.jpg

059-3.jpg

060-3.jpg

Now just waiting all week!!! To go back and work on her some more. Hopefully get the old body off and new drivetrain mounted...

Not sure how im gunna raise rear yet to match front... I dont like shackles hanging down or using blocks, but 4in springs might be to much, I will wait and see after v8 is in and calculate for a rear bumper with 35in spare and 2 subs. Id like it to sit level.

O and I had a drop pitman arm that ended up being to much, I had to go to a friends and get an almost flat pitman arm. I used my reamer to make it fit the 1 Ton GM TRE.

Holy cow... your builds always go fast and turn out great. I bet you have done more SAS's on rbvs than anyone else on the site! Good luck on the rest of the project!

Thanks guys, not much to this one this time SAS wise cause its mostly bolt on Duff stuff, but for the price and quality you can't beat it.

This will by far be my best build, Im trying to do it right and well, cause will be drove on street not just trails. I also plan to settle down and wont have time to build another rig anytime soon once this one is done.

Update: Body is off the 97, been working on stripping off all the other good parts and things I'm keeping. Sorry no pics.

I went and looked at this build yesterday, and am amazed how easy Brad makes it seem to accomplish. I guess just like anything else, once you have done something a few times, it gets easier with knowledge and experience.

Looking great Brad! Can't wait to see it with the new body on and the 5.0 train installed. :thumbsup:

Hope to get the old red body pulled off this thing on thursday/friday and hauled off for scrap!!! woohoo

Progress going a little slow, and will be busy for another 2 weeks before I can mess with it again, Red body is off, new wheels and tires arrived. 15x10 Mickey Thompsons, with fake beadlock, and 35-12.50 ProComp Extreme Mud Terrains. They look good.

017-16.jpg

018-13.jpg

024-7.jpg

025-9.jpg

Awesome, this is moving right along...

Freakin' sweet build!

Slow? Not bad for 3 weeks since I seen it last!

Lets see, the 1st gen body removed, the 4.0 removed, the 5.0 installed. Pretty fast to me! :)

Are you swapping fuel pumps as well?

Wheels and tires look great too!

I cant wait to see the body sitting on it!!!

Ah, was gunna use stock 92 Sport Tank, but I melted a spot on it when cutting stuck leaf spring bolt..

Hoping to have it ready by the May I plan on taking it with me to Moab. :)

Forsale -once completed

Can deliver April 30-May 5th, Will be heading to Moab, taking I-70 across Kansas, into Colorado and to Moab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back