97 Sport build number 2 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Sport build number 2

Any luck with it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was the problem. I am really thinking of running this motor for a while and then get the OHV motor and put it in there. This one runs good but just not liking the timing chain issues. I will keep running her and just keep doing regular maint on her. Will see what happens as time goes on.

Good! I tried a ranger and was worried about the same issue, then wanted an X anyway and got the V8.

So Been a little busy this past week or so. I got a new rear bumper and got a grinder after her. :) Here are the things I did.

New 97 34.jpg

That is my Grandson :)

New 97 33.jpg

New 97 32.jpg

And here is the last Picture.
New 97 31.jpg

The Bumper is from a 3rd Gen explorer and I flipped it upside down. Really like how she is looking so far. Still debating if I wanna make a swing out tire carrier or keep what I made.

So a little something else today. It is still not secure but I will later. I made this today and I will paint it later. Just wanted something to Hold my gear while out wheeling. Not pretty by any means but it gets the job done for now and I like it. :)
New 97 35.jpg

New 97 36.jpg

/\ What I've done in similar situations (scratched up/paint chipped tool areas / counters etc) is slap on (with spray can adhesive) a thin sheet of black ABS sheeting.... relatively cheap, quick and looks OEM professional. Not sure if you have any wholesale suppliers in your area (like me).
See here: LINK
With shipping, that link is on pricey end but shop around.....just for example purposes.

TO ADD: It cuts relatively easy with utility knife / using metal ruler/yard stick as guide.....let the blade do the work.....swipe along same cut about 4 times is all that's needed.

/\ What I've done in similar situations (scratched up/paint chipped tool areas / counters etc) is slap on (with spray can adhesive) a thin sheet of black ABS sheeting.... relatively cheap, quick and looks OEM professional. Not sure if you have any wholesale suppliers in your area (like me).
See here: LINK
With shipping, that link is on pricey end but shop around.....just for example purposes.

Thank you sir for the advise. I will look into it.

So I went out on the trails Sunday and had a great time. So far I am very happy with my Ex. Just need to redo the LS in the rear and get a Lunch Box locker up front. I am wondering though if I delete my Cats will I get a code or will my engine run different. Yes it has the O2 sensors after the cats. No I do not have vehicle inspections where I live. Thanks in advance. Here are a couple pics and a video. The leaves were beautiful out there.

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Looks like tons of fun

I need some of that

I have a question for you all. Does it matter what year 4.0 sohc long block? Been thinking of finding a newer 4.0 long block to replace mine. freshen it up and then one winter swap them out.

All the 4.0 sohc engines are the same except the land rover
It has a different motor mount bolt hole pattern

So haven't updated in a while got a little update with my Rig. Got a roof rack built with no welding. Right now not sure what I will put as the floor of it. I have some fence slates that are sitting around thinking of using those to put on it. Just not really sure what to use to mount them on the rack it self. I also mounted a shovel on the passenger side. It is not going to be mounted that way. Just wanted to mount it for now. I will be changing the mounting of the shovel later. OK here are some pictures of the roof rack.

New 97 49.jpeg

New 97 54.jpeg
New 97 51.jpeg
New 97 53.jpeg

So haven't updated in a while got a little update with my Rig. Got a roof rack built with no welding. Right now not sure what I will put as the floor of it. I have some fence slates that are sitting around thinking of using those to put on it. Just not really sure what to use to mount them on the rack it self. I also mounted a shovel on the passenger side. It is not going to be mounted that way. Just wanted to mount it for now. I will be changing the mounting of the shovel later. OK here are some pictures of the roof rack.

View attachment 424039
View attachment 424040View attachment 424041View attachment 424042
I never noticed those extra lights around the third brake light, how well do they work for ya? Rack ain't bad either, planning to weld bits of it as support? See a lot of people recoat and weld them so they last

WOW....that's nice! ....I like how you incorporated it INTO the Explorer roof rail channels instead of just a "mount on top" setup.

I never noticed those extra lights around the third brake light, how well do they work for ya? Rack ain't bad either, planning to weld bits of it as support? See a lot of people recoat and weld them so they last
I added those light for the 3rd light. The 3rd light was not working at all. So I just wired those in for the third light. From what my wife said they work great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I added those light for the 3rd light. The 3rd light was not working at all. So I just wired those in for the third light. From what my wife said they work great.
Definitely one way to do it! I like it, glad they work well!

Back