99ex22's Elite Registry! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99ex22's Elite Registry!

Here Is my 1999 XLT. She's all original except for the modifications Ive made, got 163,000 miles on her and is in pretty damn good shape. It was a one owner before me, they took really good care of it, never been hit, and the only scratch on it is on the roof from a tree branch I hit on the trail. The previous owners always had it maintained at their local Ford dealer so all the parts on it are Motorcraft parts. I am constantly changing it and working on it.

Modifications:
Custom Leaf Packs
War153's
TT
1" Body Lift
15x8 Crager Soft 8's
33x12.5R15 Cooper A/T's
Cat Back Magnaflow with 2 1/2" Pipe
Midland CB Radio
Smoked tail light's and 3rd brake light
Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs
Hella Comet 500 driving lights
KYB Monomax shocks
Trico Neoform Wipers
A pretty sweet Ford antenna
Clear corner lenses
Krylon Fusion on plastics
Billet Grille
10K pound tow hooks
Class 3 Tow Master Hidden Hitch
Smittybilt tow hook reciever
20% tinted windows
Mountaineer Grille
240W 3 Way Pioneer speakers
Transfer case skid
Gas tank skid
1997 explorer bumper
Grab handles on pillars
Painted pass airbag, vents, glove box black
Throttle cable mod
Brown wire mod

Here is a stock picture. Right around the time the addiction started taking place...
(dead links)

Here she is after Warrior shackles and TT...
(dead links)
Then I got my Soft 8's...
(dead links)
Then I got my 31's....
(dead links)
Then the ugly 3" Body Lift....

Then I went spring over axle in the rear and sloped body lift for a while...then shortly went back to the previous set up....

And then just recently I cut the 3" pucks down to 1" because I couldnt look at all the gaps and crap hanging down anymore that the 3" body lift created....along with the mountaineer grille. So my current set up is 1" Body lift, 2" TT and Warrior Shackles. Out of everything ive tried this is my favorite. I think my next mod now that im a couple inches lower will be a 4" deep by 40" or so roof rack made by rola and slap 4 hella 500"s up on a light bar.

Let me know what you guys think! and give me idea's of what I should do next! Any questions, just ask! Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, I don't have any pictures of it at the moment... uhm......................... I can't even find any comparisons. Most other people almost completely blacked out the tails, mine are dark.. but not too dark..

I think the closest thing that looks like mine, is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCq2X-nSgY

Just imagine it like that, cept with your tails... and mine aren't that dark either....

On a side note: How exactly did you mount the hella's in that location anyways?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

so i was browsing around on jeep forum and found this...that vehicle in the back looks familiar.
DSC02018.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536929&page=39

Lmao.. wow

hahahaha yeah that's my Girlfriends brother. That's funny you spotted that!!! I just finished my tail light's...

3092794_308_full.jpg

That's how mine look. Almost exactly.. Mine are a tad darker. I think it's a pretty big improvement in the whole look of the vehicle. All you need now is clear corners... just those two changes gives a different look.. I like it.

Storlied- the Hella's I have about 5 self tapping screws going through the back of them to hold them in place. They're actually pretty stable and they do there job. Before I cut my bumper I had them mounted with the hardware they came with.:thumbsup:

That's how mine look. Almost exactly.. Mine are a tad darker. I think it's a pretty big improvement in the whole look of the vehicle.

Yeah Im happy with them. I would like to spray on another coat but I like the look of the red kinda peaking through and also the cops around here where I live are always looking for something to pull someone over for. I live in a suburb and things can get pretty boring around here so I don't blame them. haha!

I was worried about cop trouble also, haven't had any problem yet.

So many people have black-out covers and HIDs, the cops don't bug us as much as they bug people in the lower 48.

Here is a couple of pictures from earlier today....I never have used 4 low in til today because it never worked in til I did my transfercase service the other day. I was amazed how easily she climbs up muddy, steep hills.:D These pictures don't show the steep trail I went up but I thought it would make for a good picture....
30927940349_large.jpg

30927940342_large.jpg

Is that an ABS light I see on your dash? =P What is that?

Is that an ABS light I see on your dash? =P What is that?

What? No I think your seeing the E-Brake light or the reflection of my dome light in the steering wheel....My girlfriend was in the truck at the time.
But my ABS light does like to come on when I have all 4 tires spinning for a long period of time, say if I was stuck.

So how bout them clears? lol..

So how bout them clears? lol..

haha If I had the money I would buy them right now but I got laid off back in April so I am wayyyy broke. Plus im having a charging system problem now. :mad:

Man.. join the club... broke, with a truck that's giving problems... lol...

They are never ending projects. I want the damn body lift... but labor is gonna be a lot.. arg..

Man.. join the club... broke, with a truck that's giving problems... lol...

They are never ending projects. I want the damn body lift... but labor is gonna be a lot.. arg..

Your not going to do it yourself? It's pretty straight forward after you get the body mount bolt's out....(hardest part)

It's winter... definitely not a time to get stuck trying to do a mod/repair cuz something went wrong, or I can't get something to work right.. plus I have to do more research on the install..

Plus all the modifications I have to make for the bumpers, and fan shroud.. plus the steering extension.. I'm not too great at that kinda stuff... [yet] lol

It just easier right now for a shop to do it... idk.. maybe if I had more time on my hands, with some help and a heated garage.. and more tools..

ohhh yeah I forgot you were over in alaska...I don't blame you for not wanting to do it yourself. lol

It's winter... definitely not a time to get stuck trying to do a mod/repair cuz something went wrong, or I can't get something to work right.. plus I have to do more research on the install..

Plus all the modifications I have to make for the bumpers, and fan shroud.. plus the steering extension.. I'm not too great at that kinda stuff... [yet] lol

It just easier right now for a shop to do it... idk.. maybe if I had more time on my hands, with some help and a heated garage.. and more tools..

I just did my 2005 outside in Illinois it was around 30 degrees (kinda wished i waited for spring but now that it is done im glad i did it.)

its pretty striaght forward, the old bolts is the hardest thing

good luck
Chris

Back