99ex22's Elite Registry! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99ex22's Elite Registry!

Here Is my 1999 XLT. She's all original except for the modifications Ive made, got 163,000 miles on her and is in pretty damn good shape. It was a one owner before me, they took really good care of it, never been hit, and the only scratch on it is on the roof from a tree branch I hit on the trail. The previous owners always had it maintained at their local Ford dealer so all the parts on it are Motorcraft parts. I am constantly changing it and working on it.

Modifications:
Custom Leaf Packs
War153's
TT
1" Body Lift
15x8 Crager Soft 8's
33x12.5R15 Cooper A/T's
Cat Back Magnaflow with 2 1/2" Pipe
Midland CB Radio
Smoked tail light's and 3rd brake light
Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs
Hella Comet 500 driving lights
KYB Monomax shocks
Trico Neoform Wipers
A pretty sweet Ford antenna
Clear corner lenses
Krylon Fusion on plastics
Billet Grille
10K pound tow hooks
Class 3 Tow Master Hidden Hitch
Smittybilt tow hook reciever
20% tinted windows
Mountaineer Grille
240W 3 Way Pioneer speakers
Transfer case skid
Gas tank skid
1997 explorer bumper
Grab handles on pillars
Painted pass airbag, vents, glove box black
Throttle cable mod
Brown wire mod

Here is a stock picture. Right around the time the addiction started taking place...
(dead links)

Here she is after Warrior shackles and TT...
(dead links)
Then I got my Soft 8's...
(dead links)
Then I got my 31's....
(dead links)
Then the ugly 3" Body Lift....

Then I went spring over axle in the rear and sloped body lift for a while...then shortly went back to the previous set up....

And then just recently I cut the 3" pucks down to 1" because I couldnt look at all the gaps and crap hanging down anymore that the 3" body lift created....along with the mountaineer grille. So my current set up is 1" Body lift, 2" TT and Warrior Shackles. Out of everything ive tried this is my favorite. I think my next mod now that im a couple inches lower will be a 4" deep by 40" or so roof rack made by rola and slap 4 hella 500"s up on a light bar.

Let me know what you guys think! and give me idea's of what I should do next! Any questions, just ask! Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are they such a pain because of rust or what?

Seems a lot of the bolts that you guys have trouble with I have little to no trouble with.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Are they such a pain because of rust or what?

Seems a lot of the bolts that you guys have trouble with I have little to no trouble with.

yes rust and the factory loctite they put on them, my x is pretty new so the loctite is still proly pretty strong

Hmm... Idk man... maybe if I had a garage... I just .. idk... things go wrong too much... lol..

Hmm... Idk man... maybe if I had a garage... I just .. idk... things go wrong too much... lol..

yea i know how that goes. i had strut spacers installed than a week later ball joints went out. so yea i can see why you wouldnt want to do it.

good luck

Im tellin ya storlied it's really not as hard as it sound's. The steering extension is accessable from under the hood and all you do is unbolt that rod, slide it down and slap the extension on. It only took me a minute...And the fanshroud/radiator all I did was unbolt the radiator (2bolt's I think). And then after I got the lift blocks on I put the drop brackets on for the radiator-Easy as that. The bumper bracket's in the kit will work too. The front ones are a direct fit. The rear ones you have to flip upside down and put the right side on the left and left side on the right. Also This was the first mechanical operation I guess you could say I did in my whole life other than change a water pump and change oil, spark plugs ECT. DO IT! lol :D

What about the body bolts n stuff?... How hard was it to get them out? And how do you lift your whole body up? or do you even have to?... if not.. how do you fit blocks in.. ud think the body would bend if.. oh idk.. I'm so confused...(maybe we shouldn't be talking about this in your registry... this is gonna turn into a long conversation.. lol)

haha thats alright. the body bolt's are kinda hard. I used my ratchet with a steel tube thing and used man power lol. If you had a impact gun they would be out in no time. Or maybe you could have a shop or something losen the bolts for you to break the loctite and then tighten them back up, drive home and romove them. If you guys salt your roads over there they might be a little tougher than mine. How you lift the body up is this..... You remove all 5 of the passenger side bolts completley then just losen the driver side. Then all you have to do is place your floor jack kind of under the pass side rear door and jack that side up just enough to get the lift blocks in there. If for some reason you cant get one in (body doesnt raise evenly) use a hammer and bang it in...I had to do it for the rear one. And repeat for the drivers side. Then all you got to do is put locktite on the bolts that come in the kit and tighten them....the kit doesnt come with the right size bolt for the mounts directly behind the 2 front seats so you use the factory ford bolts from the very rear of the cargo area for those ones...Learned that trick from a member on here (CAHUNTERMAN) Then all you got left is the steering extension which I explained (you can put it on before you lift it too) and then the bumpers...I can take a picture of my rear brackets for you when the time comes. Then the radiator comes.... just put the drop brackets on and re- mount the radiator. when lifting up the drivers side you just have to keep an I on brake lines and the shifer cable. I have a good right up somwhere with step by step instructions and pictures saved on here...Ill try to find it and post it under here.

Here is the link for the installation with pictures....It's for 2001 sport but it helped me alot and it's pretty close to ours...
http://mudmarine.tripod.com/3bodyliftinstall/index.html

This is kinda funny....a month ago I was asking another member on here (CAHUNTERMAN) the same questions your asking me and im giving you the same links and pretty much the same answers as he gave me. It feels like im him and your me you know? lol

What about the body bolts n stuff?... How hard was it to get them out? And how do you lift your whole body up? or do you even have to?... if not.. how do you fit blocks in.. ud think the body would bend if.. oh idk.. I'm so confused...(maybe we shouldn't be talking about this in your registry... this is gonna turn into a long conversation.. lol)

Yeah let just PM eachother about this lol by the way the body will not bend...just keep the door closed so it doesnt flex.

I dont like how I left my registry chatting about the BL...Soooooo....Does anybody have some nice comments to leave me? lol:D

Lmao... Nice Truck dude!

Looks good. What trimming did you have to do to fit the 33's? I've been debating on 32's.. just to avoid trimming..

When I first got my 33's I had to do no trimming at all because my running boards were off and my bumper was cut in half. But now that I have my bumper and running boards back on I just had to trim a little on the corners of the bumper and a little on the corner of the running boards. I could see a MT tire rubbing alot more than an AT tire. Trimmings not bad...only takes a few seconds with a jig saw and can hardly tell when done.

So are you saying because I don't have my running boards anymore, and my lower valance is removed.. I will have absolutely no rubbing issues on the body and no trimming is needed?!

Oh man..

I hit up some trails today.....:):thumbsup:

30927940466_large.jpg

30927940467_large.jpg

30927940470_large.jpg

Right on Russ, But i see only one problem in those pictures and i t5hink all of us know what that is ;) ;) ........HEEEEEEEPPPPPPP LMAO :D :D

question for ya also, did you regear for the 33's?? If not how do you find it in the woods and on acceleration and what not ???

Back