A/C problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C problem

silent3k

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
i have a 2000 ford explorer and recently i was messing around with my a/c and all of a sudden it stopped throwing cold air out of the front vents.. all it throws is cold thru the feet and defrost.. and when i move the control it doesnt do anything.. can someone help

i have a 2000 ford explorer and recently i was messing around with my a/c and all of a sudden it stopped throwing cold air out of the front vents.. all it throws is cold thru the feet and defrost.. and when i move the control it doesnt do anything.. can someone help

you may have a vacuum leak. when this happens the system defaults to the defroster vents. what exactly were you "messing around" with? also, which HVAC controls do you have (manual or automatic)?

you may have a vacuum leak. when this happens the system defaults to the defroster vents. what exactly were you "messing around" with? also, which HVAC controls do you have (manual or automatic)?

well i changed this one little thing that broke and started throwing water.. i think it was the heater valve or something its on the passenger side of the explorer kinda stuck to the firewall.. that broke and i fixed it and than my a/c messed up at the same time.. it all comes out the defrost now.. :\ and mines are manual i guess lol

well i changed this one little thing that broke and started throwing water.. i think it was the heater valve or something its on the passenger side of the explorer kinda stuck to the firewall.. that broke and i fixed it and than my a/c messed up at the same time.. it all comes out the defrost now.. :\ and mines are manual i guess lol

Did you remember to put the vacuum line back on the heater valve?

Back