• Register Today It's free!

ABS problem

99ncexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
hello everyone, my names matt. Just bought an 04 xlt,4.0, 4wd, 95,000 miles. under normal acceleration everything is fine. but under heavy acceleration the ABS light comes on. after turning it off and restarting it the light go's off. also when the light is on the cruise control will not work at all. thank you to anyone who can help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello everyone, my names matt. Just bought an 04 xlt,4.0, 4wd, 95,000 miles. under normal acceleration everything is fine. but under heavy acceleration the ABS light comes on. after turning it off and restarting it the light go's off. also when the light is on the cruise control will not work at all. thank you to anyone who can help

Is your cruze control working? If not.. I would say it was the sensor in the main brake pump where you put your brake fuel.

It is the sensor on the master cylinder, it will give you code C1440 for pressure transducer fault. It is also the switch that turns off the cruisde when you hit the brakes.

thank you soo much. will check that out today.

zecolleman- the cruise does work but only when the abs light is off

what is the name of that sensor if you dont mind me askin?

what is the name of that sensor if you dont mind me askin?

Then it is this sensor for sure. I just replaced in my 2004 v8 and here is the part numer for my car.. SW-6350 1L1Z-9F924-AA from motorcraft.

hmm that listing shows it works up to an 02 model.

I can´t find for my 2004 on Ebay. I bought mine from the dealer here in Iceland.. here you can find it. autopartswarehous and put "e" after as in house and .com can´t past the url very strange

thank you zecolleman. went to the local dealership. they had the part for $25. brought it home switched it out, went down the road, and no more problems yayyy lol.

good :) this is great site..:)

here is the picture of Motorcraft SW-6350 Speed Sensor Switch in 2004 x v8.
here is the ebay url. http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=motorcraft&_kw=sw-6350&_kw=switch

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Ok thanks. In a 2004 v6 its part number sw-6349-3l3z-9f924-ab

FYI that's the switch which was the cause of the vehicle fires, when under certain conditions it would leak brake fluid, and since it was always powered-on, the fluid would catch fire and burn up the car. You should check for recall/TSBs to see if it applies to your model.

Try to enter your Model and Vin#

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/customer-support/recall-information

Thank I did it already,, No recals on my vin :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If switch looks like that it is new updated stlye with no fire problems. If it is leaking we replace original with this switch and harness.

Back