add a leaf from f-150? front leafs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

add a leaf from f-150? front leafs?

Rosscup

Reaction score
City, State
Richland, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
Hey guys i just came across a couple lift ideas they could work or they could be a bunch of crap. First off has anyone taken a leaf spring off a f-150 and used it as an add a leaf for an explorer? and second off has anyone or is it possible to take the leafs off a soild axle front end of a f 150 and put them on the stock semi independent front end of an explorer. possibly doing this by taking the coils and everything out and welding up some mounts for the leafs. has anyone done this or think its possible?

Thanks
Rosscup

Ya know I have wounderd the same thing about the leaves in the front and ditch the coils

I'm not positive about the rear springs for an add-a-leaf, but the procomp aals for the explorer from summit are only $30.

I imagine it would take some work, but the leaf packs up front should work. Although I'm not sure if there is enough room. You won't be able to lift more than 2" without getting drop brackets just like with coils. The mid 90s f20 4wds had leaves with the ttb.

alright sweet ill just do add a leaf now and the coil seats they come with and ill have two inch on a two inch woo then i can find a solid axle. thanks guys anymore input its great!

Rosscup

Back