Almost complete so..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Almost complete so.....

I have a nasty squeal in the front brakes. I got new rotors and wheel studs. The rotor isn't completely tight against the hub. I've tried to get the studs as tight as possible. I'm just afraid that I'll snap a stud off. Guess I'll keep tightening them up.

BUT here's what I did tonight. Oh who ever said about creaming your jeans in double low.....:exporange

OH%20YEA%20007.jpg

OH%20YEA%20002.jpg

OH%20YEA%20005.jpg

OH%20YEA%20012.jpg

OH%20YEA%20015.jpg

OH%20YEA%20010.jpg

Need to build the xmember before I can flex the drivers side down.

This is whats left in the shocks.
About 2" droop and 3" compression left on the front.
About 2" droop and 1" compression left on the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn. thats some serious flex you got there. and thats good use of the other truck. you gotta crawl up somethin...

Tuned out great man, nice job!!!

NICE! I see a future RC run ! :D Count me in!!

Btw that looks more like a "wristed" radius arm setup (as opposed to 3-link) ;)

Yea some say radius arm some say modified 3 link.

10th is the shakedown and 24th is a run with the Keystone Krawlers.

I'm loving those beadlocks. I want beadlocks :(

Are the outer rings coning a bit?

Looking good there. Did you notice any binding/angle issues with your rear driveshaft and the Stubler. I got my driveshaft in today and don't think I'll get much drop before I start to bind up.

That came out great! Good job:chug:

Looking good there. Did you notice any binding/angle issues with your rear driveshaft and the Stubler. I got my driveshaft in today and don't think I'll get much drop before I start to bind up.
I was thinking the same thing about the 14-bolt (or I guess most low-pinion axles). But one way to get around this of course is to use a double-cardan on the rear driveshaft. That would allow you to rotate the rear axle and point it at the transfer case -- minimizing U-joint angle.

Looks very good. I didn't even know you were going solid. I like your truck a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man that is awsome... your rig is cool... what size tires do you have on what wheels?? do you think you might go wider... some of the flex they look skinny?! maybe its just me... I'm wondering were did you get those rocker boards from those are cool??

Back