Ambient Lighting Problems | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting Problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What version of MFT are you running, those of you that you are having this issue?

So i tested this on my Ex Sport 2015 in this order. If it doesn't work for you, perhaps you need to visit the dealer. My Ambient feature was turned on so this is what i did:
1. Unlocked my car with the Door Handle sensor. Ambient light turned on to its default light blue color. Once the MFT booted up, the color changed to Red (my setting).
2. Started my car and went in to the settings on the MFT and switched off the Ambient lighting. The cupholder, door locks and pedestal lighting turned off.
3. Press the Push Button to turn off my car. The default Blue lighting came on again.
4. Locked my car with the door sensor and walked away for 5 mins.
5. Unlocked my car with door sensor. Ambient lighting with default light blue color came on.
6. Started my car and the Ambient lighting went off and stayed that way, until i turned off my car and opened the door to exit. That is when the default color light came on.

I think the default light blue light goes off only when MFT is booted up since the ambient color features are controlled by MFT. And by the way my brightness feature works just fine. The moving of that electronic slider is certainly choppy but it does work for me.

This is how it functions regardless of what you have your ambient lighting set to. When you open the door it comes on in blue. There is no way around this.

Wonder if it's gonna reset when your MFT reboots.

Wonder if it's gonna reset when your MFT reboots.

Nope, it didn't reset and stayed in the condition i left. Is your resetting?

Nope, it didn't reset and stayed in the condition i left. Is your resetting?

I meant the full "performing scheduled system maintenance" reboot that's done intermittently when the system is off. This also resets your ambient lighting back to the default light blue. Which was fixed with a recent TSB and possibly by v3.7.

I meant the full "performing scheduled system maintenance" reboot that's done intermittently when the system is off. This also resets your ambient lighting back to the default light blue. Which was fixed with a recent TSB and possibly by v3.7.

Performing Scheduled Maintenance has not occurred on my MFT as yet in last one week so kind of hard for me to say what would have the results been. I think I will know in next few days when it happens. I can tell you this much for sure that the ambient lighting color which was selected by me earlier when i purchased the car, didn't change after the full reboot with performing scheduled maintenance. I will update next time it happens. So far it is working as designed.

MyFord Touch

I've been having a problem lately and am wondering if anyone else has had it. I've noticed that the settings are sometimes changing by themselves. For instance I disable the 911 assist and turn off the reminder, however I come back and the reminder is now enabled again. Same thing with the ambient lighting, I'll turn it all the way down and next thing you know its maxed out again. Any thoughts? Thanks

Thanks for merging. I am on the latest version of sync and the 911 issue is still there.

Hi nascar8814,

I suggest a trip to your dealer. They'll be able to fix you right up!

Rebecca

Ambient Ligting Issue

I keep my ambient lighting set to the royal blue. Well, every few days it changes itself back to the factory aqua color. I have brought this up when I have brought my Sport in for service and of course they can't find anything. Has anyone had this issue?

I keep my ambient lighting set to the royal blue. Well, every few days it changes itself back to the factory aqua color. I have brought this up when I have brought my Sport in for service and of course they can't find anything. Has anyone had this issue?
Using the Forum's 'search' program I found several threads on this issue. I chose to merge your thread with this existing one. Have you had the TSB done for the ambient lighting?

Peter

I was on mobile when I posted this and did a quick search prior and the last thing I saw was in 13. Sorry. Also, I clicked on that link you posted and it is one response. I can figure it out thanks.

I was on mobile when I posted this and did a quick search prior and the last thing I saw was in 13. Sorry. Also, I clicked on that link you posted and it is one response. I can figure it out thanks.

This is the link to the TSB:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3339786&postcount=16

Your dealer should have been fully aware of this and if they put your vehicle information in the computer this TSB also shows up. Insert negative comment about dealer here. lol

Take the TSB to the dealer and have them apply it.

Ambient lighting keeps turning on

So I hate the ambient lighting. I think its a little cheesy so I turn it off. Every now and then it will turn itself on when I randomly get in the car. I turn it off and in every few starts it will just come on. I thought by turning it off it would stay off. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you running 3.6.2 on MFT? If so update it to the latest.

So I hate the ambient lighting. I think its a little cheesy so I turn it off. Every now and then it will turn itself on when I randomly get in the car. I turn it off and in every few starts it will just come on. I thought by turning it off it would stay off. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheesy? Chessy? Now I will never enjoy the lights again. I thought it was like a Vegas show...but in my own personal place. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back