American Powertrain Warehouse - FYI | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

American Powertrain Warehouse - FYI

masospaghetti

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT, OHV, 4D, 4x4, 5M
I just bought a rebuild kit for my BW4404 transfer case, and a HV-051 transfer case chain from American Powertrain Warehouse (APW). I wanted to share my experience for prospective buyers.

They had the best price I could find for the parts, about $70 for the rebuild kit and $70 for the chain. The bearing kit claimed "NO CHINESE BEARINGS":

http://www.americanpowertrainwarehouse.com/servlet/the-645/BW4404-transfer-case-rebuild/Detail

When I received the kit, it's a Transparts branded kit. Unfortunately, one of the bearings clearly has "CHINA" stamped on it. To their credit all of the other bearings are Nachi/Quest Japanese bearings or the single American-made pilot bearing.

I had a question about the chain once I received it since it's not clear if the HV-051 is the correct part number, or the HV-070. Their contact number is disconnected (it leads to a Magic Jack voicemail) and I never got a response in email.

I also tried contacting them about the chinese bearing and no response there, either.

I did receive the packages within 1-2 business days so shipping was fast and free. Just don't expect any amount of customer service.

Back