another 4406 install thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

another 4406 install thread

I just posted this picture in another thread, but it does show the boot Im using.
It was another ebay purchase. Its a "WheelSkins Black Shift Boot Genuine Leather Universal Fit".

Attachments

• 22_6 mpg.jpg
    22_6 mpg.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 229

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, that looks really good! Like it even better than the other one.

I thought a straight up view would show the leg room better. I found the boot on ebay for under $20.00 It does fit really well.

I just posted this picture in another thread, but it does show the boot Im using.
It was another ebay purchase. Its a "WheelSkins Black Shift Boot Genuine Leather Universal Fit".

I know this is an older thread, but I'm really liking not only that shift boot, but that avg. MPG of 22.5 is a thing of beauty.. lol

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Hey Dono what did you attach the new shift boot to? i have been looking for something similar to what you have but i keep finding ones with colored stitching. i also run a body lift so my shifter doesn't stick up as far, i wonder how well the stock F150 one would work for me?

I was going to figure out a way to attach the shift boot to the carpet, but it sits fine, and doesn't move around so I haven't bothered.

The stock F-150 boot body just sits out too far and your leg will rub a bit when you move around. This isn't really dependent on the shifter being lower, but more on how big the F-150 boot is.

I just had a look for 'WHEELSKINS UNIVERSAL SHIFT BOOT - BLACK', and all I found was one on amazon for over $50.00. I guess I was just lucky, timing is everything sometimes.

For securing, I was even thinking something like molding an old coat-hanger, and a few screws underneath, but It just isn't an issue how it is.

thanks for the reply. i couldn't find one like you had either for that price. i was looking into the street rod company "Lokar" and they have some sweet boots and black or chrome bezel kits for like 50-70 bucks but they're made for a flat surface and id hate to spend that kind of money and have to bend it to fit the curved tunnel. i couldn't salvage the stock boot in the truck i got the shifter from so i haven't seen one in person to measure or try. back to the drawing board i guess...

thanks for the reply. i couldn't find one like you had either for that price. i was looking into the street rod company "Lokar" and they have some sweet boots and black or chrome bezel kits for like 50-70 bucks but they're made for a flat surface and id hate to spend that kind of money and have to bend it to fit the curved tunnel. i couldn't salvage the stock boot in the truck i got the shifter from so i haven't seen one in person to measure or try. back to the drawing board i guess...

Go to Facebook and look for Redlinegoods :thumbsup:

Go to Facebook and look for Redlinegoods :thumbsup:

Cool thanks Jon! looks like they're in Delaware too about 20 min away from me! I'm definitely going to look into them a little more

Back