Another successful manual 4406 Transfer Case conversion!! SWEET! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another successful manual 4406 Transfer Case conversion!! SWEET!

williams.cory

Reaction score
City, State
Rust Filled, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 5.0
Hey all,
I've been wanting to put a 4406 transfercase in my explorer for a long time now. Well, yesterday I picked up a manual 4406 from a 98 F-150 with 103k miles. Paid $250 and it included all linkage and the shifter!! got the front and rear driveline from the junk yard and got it all in last night and today. tomarrow i put the linkage it.

But WOW, this thing is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to use 4 low!! there is a total difference! And i give a HUGE thanks to MountaineerGreen, V8boatbuilder and all the other guys who did great write-ups on here! Made it alot easier. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn, posted in the wrong section. I was looking for a transfer case section but wow, guess i didnt see it, but i do now!! lol.

Congrats! Now go tear something up! lol

oh dont worry about that!!! I cant wait to do it. I havnt put the front driveline in because I lost one of the caps that go over the ujoint and connect to the differential! damn! now i have to wait till monday to go the junk yard and find one.

...That's a perfect excuse to replace it anyway. Now would be a PERFECT time to put a new U-joint in! And the Parts Store is open on SUNDAYS!!!

Ryan

Back