• Register Today It's free!

Anybody get the FSA 20B34 yet?

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Just got the FSA 20B34, Transmission Oil Cooler recall. Anyone know what's this is about?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess it's just me 😆😆😆

Thanks for the link. My app calls it a recall. My friend is the service manager at our local Ford dealer. I'll run it by him next week.

In your clip/quote above, it says, related to the Explorers ''without'' the tow package.

I had the work performed. I did not have a leak and I do not have the tow package.

There is a transmission cooler no matter the equipment choice. There is an additional cooler (Oil, I think) for the tow package.

The manual states that vehicles with the tow package hold about 1 qt more coolant than non tow models.

In your clip/quote above, it says, related to the Explorers ''without'' the tow package.
Read that thread and you'll see why I said what I said.

My fordpass app just warned me of this. however my Ex has been in the shop a couple times, You'd "think" they would scan for any work to be done. I'll have to call and see what they say about this. We have the 2020 xlt w/ tow package.

My fordpass app just warned me of this. however my Ex has been in the shop a couple times, You'd "think" they would scan for any work to be done. I'll have to call and see what they say about this. We have the 2020 xlt w/ tow package.
I do not have the tow package and I just got the "recall" on my FordPass app. I could not get any straight answers with Ford over the phone and the call to my local Ford service department could not go any further than their secretary. I'm not sure if this recall or FSA requires the transmission oil cooler to be replaced or if they will just add the support bracket instead. My transmission has never leaked yet so maybe they won't even do anything. Anybody with updates on this please advise.

I do not have the tow package and I just got the "recall" on my FordPass app. I could not get any straight answers with Ford over the phone and the call to my local Ford service department could not go any further than their secretary. I'm not sure if this recall or FSA requires the transmission oil cooler to be replaced or if they will just add the support bracket instead. My transmission has never leaked yet so maybe they won't even do anything. Anybody with updates on this please advise.
You can't "add" the support bracket to the old style cooler. It is a welded piece part of the new design cooler.

If your vehicle needs this, get it done as soon as possible. The old style will eventually leak, and potentially leave you stranded or damage your transmission. You do not need any advice from your dealer. Just make the appointment and drop it in their lap. Make them take action on it.

You can't "add" the support bracket to the old style cooler. It is a welded piece part of the new design cooler.

If your vehicle needs this, get it done as soon as possible. The old style will eventually leak, and potentially leave you stranded or damage your transmission. You do not need any advice from your dealer. Just make the appointment and drop it in their lap. Make them take action on it.
I went to my Ford dealer today about it. No pushback at all from them. They just said they have to order the part for me and I can bring it back in then. They said it would be a couple of days for the part to come in.

I went to my Ford dealer today about it. No pushback at all from them. They just said they have to order the part for me and I can bring it back in then. They said it would be a couple of days for the part to come in.
did you get the recall notification?

I got it on my Fordpass app. I showed him the notification on my phone and he took the info directly off of that. It wasn't a problem.

They just replaced entire cooler on my 2020

Back